Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: mini review - NEA CCS stock

Feedback Score
    Gas key shearing off sounds like an over-torque issue. I'd replace them with quality screws and drive on.

Slash has heavy buffers for 5.56, and soon 9mm UCIW stock setups. http://www.heavybuffers.com/

I'd agree that cutting springs for a standard receiver extension is bad, but this is a different application with a different length receiver extension. They could make a short one, and it would perform just like a shortened one, save the tidier ends (and would probably cost more). Replacing buffer weights is easier than a barrel swap, or assembling a lower, by a large margin.

Not sure if these work with the NEA stock, but I'm pretty sure they are the same.

Ooops, these are for the shortened carbine type receiver extension; not the NEA style. I have heard that Slash has a buffer from an NEA stock, and there should (hopefully) be some other options soon.
    Last edited by eodinert; 03-24-14 at 04:22.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    What is that hiding under the RMR?? Please tell me it is a new lightweight (1oz) Unity RMR mount
    Sorry, no info on that yet

I have been shooting that gun quite a bit lately and its proven to be very reliable, as stated elsewhere, the cheek weld isn't great, but its usable.

I ended up changing the stock rods completely for a set of tubes. I lost 2 ounces using tubing over rods and gained 1" LOP with it. They also fit tighter which removes all wobble.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Has anyone tried one of these on a billet lower yet? I have a registered POF billet lower and am interested in one of these (don't care about not collapsing completely for ambi bolt release). Also, any updates on whether NEA has updated the stocks and buffers/carriers they are sending out? Like was stated before by other users, I don't want to cut the recoil springs or have to grind anything down. I'm a fan of install and go play with no tinkering.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm interested if NEA ever got rid of the plum colored anodizing, and silver rods? Anyone bought one recently?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezarf2 View Post
    I'm interested if NEA ever got rid of the plum colored anodizing, and silver rods? Anyone bought one recently?
    Reviving an old thread...

Bought one Cyber Monday 2015 from Brownells for a great deal.

Some out of the box observations:
    • No more plum anodizing, it's all black and uniform in color.
    • No more silver rods, they're black now too.
    • Polymer butt-stock.
    • No more "Meat Tenderizer" points on the rear face of the stock it's like they knocked the peaks off making it significantly smoother.
    • Mine is not a multi-position stock, it locks collapsed or fully extended, which I like.
    • The lock button appears to be different from what I originally handled when it first came out. It's easy and super accessible, it appears to be a mag release button. I dig it.

My only gripes...
    • The buffer rattles (weights inside)
    • The fit between the rods and butt-stock has some slight rocking up/down wobble.
    • I wish the buffer tube had an Allen wrench socket on the end for quick install without a strap wrench.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678