Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Massive Solar Flare Narrowly Missed Earth 2 Weeks Ago"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

"Massive Solar Flare Narrowly Missed Earth 2 Weeks Ago"

Never know do we? Things like this help me to refocus on what my priorities should be. Thought you all might be interested since we all share an interest in being prepared.

From here:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/massiv...rticle/2533727

The earth barely missed taking a massive solar punch in the teeth two weeks ago, an "electromagnetic pulse" so big that it could have knocked out power, cars and iPhones throughout the United States.

Two EMP experts told Secrets that the EMP flashed through earth's typical orbit around the sun about two weeks before the planet got there.

"The world escaped an EMP catastrophe,"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It makes you wonder what else we haven't been told.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    We have put our entire society in a fragile state with the reliance on Agro farming techniques and massive population centers that all require an energy grid. Should the grid fail gas pumps won't work nothing will move, no communication, not even a mail truck and grocery stores will be empty in a matter of a day with no hope of resupply even if farmers could possibly still turn a Monsanto crop that yields no seeds for next season.

Yep we would be done.
    Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSledgehammer View Post
    It makes you wonder what else we haven't been told.
    I agree. I actually think the official protocol is to NOT tell the public in advance. It would allow a better chance for those "in the know" to attend to their survival. You'd think something so massive as described in the article would have been sensed by some .gov in advance. I do not recall hearing anything.

In a manner, things like this are a sort of payback in advance on the steps I've taken. Makes you feel a little easier that one could cope if suddenly - zap.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Yes but we were warned. Months ago. It's was even on my yahoo news feed.
    No one takes it seriously toll it's too late
    "I must study politics and war so that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy."
    -John Adams
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Albert Einstein
    “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

With Apologies to R.E.M. ...

It was the end of the world as we knew it? I felt fine.

Actually, come to think of it, I didn't feel fine. At all. Now I'm left to wonder ...

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was actually on a cruise when this happened. That would have sucked to be stranded on that ship out in the Caribbean. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened to carnival I suppose. That would have been one hell of a survival senerio I guess.

Feedback Score

Re: "Massive Solar Flare Narrowly Missed Earth 2 Weeks Ago"

It was nothing to be worried about. Thats what our atmosphere is for. Too protect us from excessive solar emissions.

Evrrytime w e get those notices from our cell and cable providers about sinspot activity interfering with our reception we are getting bombarded with solar energies. My 7th grafe scirnce teacher used to always tell us about them.

I think he was a closet prepper.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
    We have put our entire society in a fragile state with the reliance on Agro farming techniques and massive population centers that all require an energy grid. Should the grid fail gas pumps won't work nothing will move, no communication, not even a mail truck and grocery stores will be empty in a matter of a day with no hope of resupply even if farmers could possibly still turn a Monsanto crop that yields no seeds for next season.

Yep we would be done.
    Few realize that it was the advent of the combustion engine that brought about humanity's population explosion. Modern farming implements and petro chemicals allow crops to sustain current population levels for the most part. Flip the switch on our antiquated power grid and we would see starvation on a Biblical scale.

Quote Originally Posted by aguila327 View Post
    It was nothing to be worried about. Thats what our atmosphere is for. Too protect us from excessive solar emissions.
    Not the atmosphere, but the Earth's magnetosphere. The magnetosphere is weakest at the poles, this is why we can see the effect known as aurora borealis.

There have been coronal mass ejections that have hit the Earth and penetrated the magnetosphere, The Carrington Event.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cinco View Post
    Never know do we? Things like this help me to refocus on what my priorities should be. Thought you all might be interested since we all share an interest in being prepared.

From here:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/massiv...rticle/2533727

The earth barely missed taking a massive solar punch in the teeth two weeks ago, an "electromagnetic pulse" so big that it could have knocked out power, cars and iPhones throughout the United States.

Two EMP experts told Secrets that the EMP flashed through earth's typical orbit around the sun about two weeks before the planet got there.

"The world escaped an EMP catastrophe,"
    It didn't impact the electricity at the malls = no one noticed.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast