Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Massive Solar Flare Narrowly Missed Earth 2 Weeks Ago"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    It didn't impact the electricity at the malls = no one noticed.
    People still go to the mall? What is this, the 90s in Canada?
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    People still go to the mall? What is this, the 90s in Canada?
    LOL, ever watch How I Met Your Mother?
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Red face

We'd be chatting about it in semaphore if it hadn't missed!

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Dang 'need-approving-first-double post!'
    Last edited by The_War_Wagon; 08-03-13 at 17:30. Reason: Because the board was - oh - you KNOW the reason... :roll:
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    We'd be chatting about it in semaphore if it hadn't missed!

The worlds final telegraph was sent in India 14 July 2013. Perhaps too soon?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Not because I had never heard of the possibility but rather because I guess I never completely wrapped my head around how weird it would be for our society to address the lack of electricity completely.

I only know four people in my area that are proficient on horseback, glad my wife is one of them... You?
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac5.56 View Post
    I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Not because I had never heard of the possibility but rather because I guess I never completely wrapped my head around how weird it would be for our society to address the lack of electricity completely.

I only know four people in my area that are proficient on horseback, glad my wife is one of them... You?
    well just remember, it would only be the side of the planet facing the sun when it hits, so one half of the planet will be "fine" lol
    "I must study politics and war so that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy."
    -John Adams
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Albert Einstein
    “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac5.56 View Post

Mules man! I'm a sucker for a big ol' mix breed. (None of the following are mine.) Good friends breed "hunting/pack/trail" mules. Extremely versatile and rugged - plowing too.

Boy that could be you Mac and your little boy!

Or a Mammoth Jack

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Feedback Score

Huge chunk of the sun blew off and heading our way.

I'm more concerned with this chunk of energy coming our way in the next few weeks...leaving a massive coronal hole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV_ODofQK8U
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 08-04-13 at 09:27.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast