Thread: Surefire P2X Fury Tactical + McClicky kit = alternative to EAG P2X Fury

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Surefire P2X Fury Tactical + McClicky kit = alternative to EAG P2X Fury

Hey all,

We just spent five minutes installing a McClicky Medium-Hard Tailcap Kit into one of our Surefire P2X Fury Tactical flashlights. Yep, it took five minutes, two of which were spent locating a suitable tool to remove the factory rubber switch.

For those of you who don't want to slog through the pics: it works. The McClicky kit converts the twist-on tailcap of a P2X Fury Tactical to a push for momentary, click for on tailcap. We selected the Medium-Hard option because most reports indicate the standard McClicky is too easy to actuate and may go off inside carrying cases, etc.

So here's how it went...

(1) The Fury Tactical twist-on tailcap and the package for the McClicky install kit. This is the same one that works for the Z41, etc.

(2) The actual McClicky install kit. Note the nice brass threads vs the plastic ones on the factory Surefire switch (see #4 below).

(3) Using a large phillips-head screwdriver and a hammer, give a sharp rap on the tailcap's factory rubber switch. These are the pieces that come out as a result. Yes, the plastic ring is broken, but it is not used again so no big deal. The rubber switch is also perforated - again, not a big deal and par for the course on this conversion.

(4) Using a small pair of needle nosed pliers, unscrew the rubber switch. Comes out very easily, no need to apply heat or anything.

(5) Using the same pair of needle nosed pliers, screw the McClickly kit into the tailcap.

(6) All done!

(7) The McClicky rubber switch from the top. Hard to tell the difference from the factory switch.

(8) Push for momentary works fine.

(9) Click for on works fine!

Backing the tailcap off a turn or two locks out the light, so that function works fine as well.

Overall, the McClicky is super easy to install and may be a viable alternative to sourcing a clickie tailcap for your P2X Fury Tactical.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thank you for posting this pictorial, is something I have been pondering myself. These pics are a big help.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    this might be the answer to what i was looking for in my surefire thread. would this be a viable upgrade to a g2x tactical? looks like it is $23 with the med press and the g2x is $66.50 at la police gear. that makes a $90 flashlight. or would i be better off just purchasing a 6px defender that already has this style clicky switch for $88 and call it good? would there be any beneficial weight savings or other advantages going polymer instead of aluminum?

sorry if this is off topic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhopper View Post
    this might be the answer to what i was looking for in my surefire thread. would this be a viable upgrade to a g2x tactical? looks like it is $23 with the med press and the g2x is $66.50 at la police gear. that makes a $90 flashlight. or would i be better off just purchasing a 6px defender that already has this style clicky switch for $88 and call it good? would there be any beneficial weight savings or other advantages going polymer instead of aluminum?

sorry if this is off topic.
    Yep, the McClicky switches work great with the G2X tail cap. We have the medium and hard press McClicky kits coming in shortly and will post up when they arrive!