Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Road Tripping it to Lake Geneva, WI late August- Any recommendations...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    How was your trip? What did you all end up doing?

Sent via Tapatalk
    The trip was a blast! Thanks for asking.

We drove straight through stopping in Lincoln to grab lunch on the way. Only took us 15 hours with lunch included, so not too shabby.

People in Iowa drive like effing idiots by the way! No one knows how to yeild to faster traffic, what the hell?

We went to New Glarus- beer was mostly just okay, some was pretty good- I talked a bunch of shit about Obama and Democrats and ruffled some feathers and put a few 20-something idiots in their place with FACTS & LOGIC; so that was fun. We also went to Geneva Lake Brewing Company and to Sprechers (At Lake Geneva City) as far as breweries are concerned that's all we had time for.

Sprechers IPA2 was one of the best I tried out there, and the Amber from Geneva Lake Brewing was really hoppy and tasty. My favorite New Galrus was the "spotted cow"- pretty good stuff, too light to fully pleasure my palate though.

Had a few "Rye wines" from leinenkugel that were phenomenal (I like big ass beers!)- didn't hit the brewery but I found some at a local liquor store.

We bought a bunch of WI local beer and Lakefronts IPA was one of the best by far. Very good balanced hoppy/malt character and incredibly drinkable!

Great lakes distilling "American Absinthe" is really good FYI. I drank quite a bit and introduced more than a few people to absinthe during the trip.

My wife sprained her ankle the second day we were there so no hiking and we had to take it a bit easier than we normally would have...

Wanted to make it up to go shooting with Polymorpheous, but never found the time to do so since we lost a whole day to the ER for my wifes injury- and it slowed us down the rest of the trip.

We hung out in the lake and on the boat (A "Streblow" 26' footer- one of the most beautiful boats I have ever seen/had the pleasure to drive) mostly. It was HOT when we were there so we pretty much just played around the lake. Heat wave was killer! 90-97 on most days. A few cooler ones at 80-85. Humidity destroys me.

Took daily morning boat rides to watch the sun come up and midnight boat rides everynight to look at the stars- played guitar/sung songs with family- each of us taking turns and playing different styles (This was the most fun part of the trip for me- I haven't played for quite a while and it was a lot of fun to play/sing along with family), drank tons of beer and ate tons of cheese (I gained 12 pounds of cheese/beer weight on the trip! Had to increase my work out regimen since we got back in town to help work it off...).

The lake is beautiful, clear as any I have ever seen. The water is so clean and fresh- it was really amazing. The cottage was just off the lake oppossite the yerkes observatory and was very nice, pool table, boat house and boat launch, lot's of room.

We did the "postal delivery" tour of the lake. Lot's of rich Chicagoans with crazy houses on the lake.

The lake was quiet when we were there for the most part, lots of Harleys/bikers for the 110th anniversary- so we saw some kick-ass bikes and even helped break up a fight at a bar between a couple of drunk bikers.

There was a cool hotel/restaurant in Lake Geneva City right off the lake called "Baker house" that is like walking into the movie Clue, everyone dressed in late 1800's/early 1900's period pieces; each room themed differently (Game room, library, study, etc) so you could eat in style. They had great food and an absinthe fountain- the wife and I were at home there.

All in all it was a fantastic trip with lot's of good times, I got to hang out with family on my wifes side we rarely see and we really like- so that was nice.

On the way back we stayed a night in Omaha and hit up a few breweries and a steakhouse. It was the season opener for the Huskers so the city was crazy and everyone was drunk and wearing red all riled up for the game. Hadn't been in Omaha in a while and man has it grown.

Was happy to come back to CO and see the mountains, things just aren't right without them.

WI was really cool, lots of really nice fun people; I struck up a conversation with every local I came in contact with and everyone was more than happy to palaver with me about anything and everything. GREAT people! Hit up a bunch of local produce stands/farmers markets and man the tomatoes and corn were effing awesome! I think I ate (2) ears of corn a day and about 7 the first day we were there.

Did I mention the cheese and beer? I consumed quite a bit and brought a lot home as well.

We will be going there again next year for sure. Too much fun to pass up.

TOO many businesses in WI have "No guns or weapons allowed" signs- that was dissapointing. Although there were also several businesses with signs that said "Guns and weapons welcomed" so that was cool.

All in all WI is a great place and the vacation was a lot of fun and very much needed.

Cheers!
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation. I never think of WI being a vacation destination but of course, living here, I go elsewhere.
    As for the "no firearms" signs, I presume the further north you go, the less you'd see.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Y'all come back and see us again now, ya hear!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123