Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Whitetail Deer Season

Feedback Score

2013 Whitetail Deer Season

I'm just getting excited about the season this year. Been putting in a lot of time at our property in SW Michigan. 100 acres of woods/wetlands with food plots scattered throughout. No fence. Fields consist of clover, brassica, rye/buckwheat, turnips, and various other plantings. Have thousands of acres of corn fields surrounding us so it's a perfect "hideaway." Just waiting on these boys to shed their velvet and pack on the pounds.

my weapon of choice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice setup!

I'll be setting up my game cam this week. I've seen tracks of a monster in one of the spots I've set up. I have a feeling he was the big 10+ point I saw scouting last year, but he disappeared during the season. So, I can't wait to get that camera up and see if its him.

Feedback Score
    Looks like you've got some good genes running around out there. The patches look like they are in great shape also. Ours are browning already due to heat and lack of rain by this time of year. I share your preference in bow brands also. Been running a Q2XL for years. Good luck this year.
    "In the world we live in, freedom once lost is lost to stay lost. We had better remember that, in dealing with our internal even more than with our external problems." But We Were Born Free by Elmer Davis. 1952

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Wow do you have so tremendous potential there. Now if it goes the way I recall all of those bucks will seemingly disappear when you finally get up in the stand.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    Wow do you have so tremendous potential there. Now if it goes the way I recall all of those bucks will seemingly disappear when you finally get up in the stand.
    That about sums up my season last year. Had one nice sized 8 walk in during opening week. Decided to let him go because I knew there were bigger... The remainder of the season they were caught on trail cams at either 5am or 11pm.

But here they are again this year. Glad to see they didn't fall prey to our trigger happy neighbors down the road

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Looking forward to 2013 as well!

I sold my uber-scoped rifle, and will be using my slug gun for the firearm season (unless I can find a good deal on a lever action or even a revolver).

This will also be my first year bowhunting. Looking forward to the challenge (and the extra days).

Good luck to you guys!
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score

Re: 2013 Whitetail Deer Season

This year will be my first deer outing. Long time waterfowler. But Skypup's 70gr. TSX thread has inspired me to take the AR out. I can smell the country fried deer steaks now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    I'm looking forward to it as usual. This year I'm going to change guns, though. For years, I've used a Remington model 7 in .308 with a cut-and-recrowned 16.5" barrel and a Leupy 2-7x. This year I'm going to field-test my new Ruger African in 9.3x62mm Mauser with an SWFA 1-6x.
    Cyril: Oh now that's a breach of trust!

Lana: Do you really want to open this can of trust-breachy worms after I just found you and my ex-boyfriend with a dead hooker in the trunk?

Cyril: ...I do not.

A Dream of the Dark Continent

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Got a free Mathews Z7 a few months back. Sounds like I will be hitting the woods again this fall.
    Not sure about you guys, but I'm only here for the free food and open bar.

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Getting pretty anxious myself. Just bought a new Matthews creed and getting it dialed in. I have 4 tree stands ready to put up next weekend so we can cut shooting lanes. Just put some more mineral lick out as the activity around the cameras has slowed a little. Food plots are looking "ok" but they could be better.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast