Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Whitetail Deer Season

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Definitely ready.... op if you need help clearing out thoes pesky deer let me know me and the maathews will come help... good luck ths season
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Re: 2013 Whitetail Deer Season

I can't wait, my freezer is getting empty, and I'm giving my AR a go this year.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This year will be giving 556/AR go, puled dot off mounted scope and zeroed. Still undecided on ammo for season, been looking around threads and brushing up on 556/223 ballistics, etc.. Really wanting to stay away from frangible rounds and similar, as meat harvest is a concern. Alabama deer are not very big so looking for round that put'em down without destroying too much meat.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    This year will be giving 556/AR go, puled dot off mounted scope and zeroed. Still undecided on ammo for season, been looking around threads and brushing up on 556/223 ballistics, etc.. Really wanting to stay away from frangible rounds and similar, as meat harvest is a concern. Alabama deer are not very big so looking for round that put'em down without destroying too much meat.
    I'm using my 5.56 AR, for the first time this year. I'm going with ASYM 70 grain TSX.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns-up.50 View Post
    Definitely ready.... op if you need help clearing out thoes pesky deer let me know me and the maathews will come help... good luck ths season
    If I get my tags filled in the first three weeks il'l let you know
    I'm having venison withdrawals as last season I got nothin. Opted out of muzzle loading season this past winter due to my son being born. Time to fill the freezer!!

Feedback Score

There's a very nice thread on the 70gr TSX in the reloading forum. Skypup even did some research after a kill where he recovered the bullet. 69.9 grains. No frangible worries with that projo.

Barnes does factory loads with it as their Vortx line in .223 and Silver State Armory loads it in a 5.56 cartridge. Between $23 and $30 a box.

Saving my pennies for a Leupold to meet the task of collecting some tenderloins.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by .46caliber; 08-04-13 at 20:58.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gun71530 View Post
    I'm using my 5.56 AR, for the first time this year. I'm going with ASYM 70 grain TSX.

Thanks, ya those are noteworthy, but still looking for differ(cheaper&more avlb) options. But will use them if can't find suitable alternative.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post
    There's a very nice thread on the 70gr TSX in the reloading forum. Skypup even did some research after a kill where he recovered the bullet. 69.9 grains. No frangible worries with that projo.

Barnes does factory loads with it as their Vortx line in .223 and Silver State Armory loads it in a 5.56 cartridge. Between $23 and $30 a box.

Saving my pennies for a Leupold to meet the task of collecting some tenderloins.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Yup saw thread (w/ nice albino piggy) thought they more exp. to tell truth, might have to give them more concederin.
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

2013 Whitetail Deer Season

The 5.56 is the only caliber I hunt for whitetail with here in Arkansas. I've had great results with the Federal Fusion 62gr spire point ammunition. I've also taken one with Hornady 75gr OTM; The OTM yielded great results as well. Federal Fusion destroyed less meat though.
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    All this talk of center fire rifles for whitetail...

And I'm stuck with shotgun/muzzle loader during firearms season. My poor .300 WSM is sitting collecting dust. Curse you zone 3

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast