Thread: COMP-TAC Minotaur more or less concealable than a straight kydex rig?

Feedback Score

COMP-TAC Minotaur more or less concealable than a straight kydex rig?

I need something that can hide a G19 under a tshirt. I have a simple kydex holster from Zero Concealment Systems. It works well, but I don't think it quite gets the butt of the gun in close enough for just a tshirt. I can't wear a cover shirt all the time in this heat, either.

How is the COMP-TAC minotaur compared to standard Phantom/ZCS/etc. kydex IWBs?

Feedback Score
    I don't have a MTAC but I have a CTAC and have had another type of hybrid style holster and my ZCS is better for me. Holds the gun closer, more securely and is more comfortable, IMO.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    the comptac conceals well. i would say the hybrid type holsters being soft on the body side of the holster allow a more conformed fit even for skinny people. i think the conformed fit is important for the body lines that concealing creates in the covering clothing.

i have never concealed an all kydex kidney carry holster

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

COMP-TAC Minotaur more or less concealable than a straight kydex rig?

The hybrids are way more comfortable to me. Body type large. 6'4" 256lbs

I have an all kydex galco, a Comptac Minotaur, a crossbreed supertuck and a Sparks VMII all leather.

I use the VMII more than any, but the crossbreed is my second favorite. It's more stable and comfortable than the Comptac by a large margin, for me.

The "strut" design of the Comptac sucks in my opinion. It walks around and is alot harder to get adjusted and keep it in place. It lives in a box on a shelf with other stuff I don't like.

My wife also uses a supertuck mini and can conceal pretty well under fitted clothes.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    The "strut" design of the Comptac sucks in my opinion. It walks around and is alot harder to get adjusted and keep it in place. It lives in a box on a shelf with other stuff I don't like.
    i recently went to raven concealment tuckable iwb loops on my mtac. they are much better.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I wore a G19 in a M-Tac for years and had no probelms whatsoever concealing underneath a T-shirt. I am 5'9", 190 lbs and live in Arizona. Remember that you can adjust your cant to get it just right for you.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have the comptac for my 19/26. Hands down it is THE BEST holster I have ever purchased. and as some of you know, i've gone through A LOT of holsters.

For work I have to wear "Emt pants" (proper critical response), a moisture wicking undershirt and a "moisture wicking polo" (specifically made for my company). It "is against the rules" for me to carry. I've been doing so for the last 8 months (with this holster) and NO ONE has noticed....