Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: KAC SR-16 Pressure Reduction System

Feedback Score
    Deleted, some of this could be better addressed at a different time.
    Last edited by tom12.7; 12-30-17 at 01:50.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Been running the 11.5 SR16 upper with the A5 RE, Sprinco Green and A5H2 buffer for well over a year now (replaced the 11.5 Noveske/KAC upper that I originally put together when I started this thread). No surprise that I'm still experiencing zero issues running it both suppressed and unsuppressed, running M193 primarily. Would be great if KAC made this a standard feature in their carbines. I did experience some issues when the sandcutter carrier was added into the equation (suspected gas leakage at the gas key), but KAC fixed it and it's been running fine. The only other thing I would probably add is maybe an ADIGS to fine tune and have more control over regulating the gas flow to the BCG. Charlie Mike.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    I would really consider running the Colt rifle action spring over the green spring with an A5H2. Before changing the spring, I would look to adding some more action mass. The green spring with the A5H2 does delay unlocking over the Colt rifle action spring, but it limits time of the bolt over travel to the magazine for reliable function. To get similar timing in the bolt over travel as the Colt rifle action spring A5H2 with the green spring, you would need to step up mass further for the A5H4 mostly, sometimes the A5H3. Most of us wouldn't want the porting change to support the green spring A5H4, versus what we can do with the Colt rifle action spring A5H2/A5H3 or similar masses.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    I would really consider running the Colt rifle action spring over the green spring with an A5H2. Before changing the spring, I would look to adding some more action mass. The green spring with the A5H2 does delay unlocking over the Colt rifle action spring, but it limits time of the bolt over travel to the magazine for reliable function. To get similar timing in the bolt over travel as the Colt rifle action spring A5H2 with the green spring, you would need to step up mass further for the A5H4 mostly, sometimes the A5H3. Most of us wouldn't want the porting change to support the green spring A5H4, versus what we can do with the Colt rifle action spring A5H2/A5H3 or similar masses.
    Good info. I hadn't considered the colt action spring up until this point but I'll explore the idea. Still waiting for a 556 Saker to clear NFA hurdles, which at that point I'll be running a can full-time on the setup. At that point I plan to add more weight to the buffer incrementally, replacing one steel with one tungsten at a time, add the colt spring and see how she does. Charlie Mike.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m running SR15 mod 1 CQB with QDC can. I have springco blue with standard KAC buffer. The rifle is overgas, ejects at 1-2 o’clock, but runs fine and the bolt lock back. Should I change the spring and buffer set up or just leave it as it is? I’m thinking to change to red spring with T3 buffer.

Ammos that I test are 55g, 62, 77g with Lancer mag. Again, it runs fine just over gas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718