Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: KAC SR-16 Pressure Reduction System

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Re: KAC SR-16 Pressure Reduction System

Quote Originally Posted by hjmpanzr View Post
    Didn't your Christmas cheer package allow you to piece together an SR16 upper? If so, how does it run with an A5 system?

It has been my experience that the difference that an A5 makes with KAC uppers with intermediate gas systems is minimal, although I've only tried it on KAC 14.5" and mod 0.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts.
    My 11.5 Christmas Cheer barreled upper runs like a top with the A5. The unknown for me is how it would run suppressed, as I don't own a suppressor. It's been 100% with all sorts of different ammo, very controllable for a shorty. I haven't tried to run any steel cased ammo through it except for Hornady, which runs great in all my rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by E-man930 View Post
    It's not so much trying to further tame the recoil impulse as it is adding a larger margin of reliability with the rifle length spring and a5 buffer with it's patent pending reliability upgrade by it's design. I have run 11.5 / 14.5 / 16 inch KAC uppers both suppressed and un-suppressed with nothing but stellar results with all sorts of ammo on the A5 system... I'm sure its a matter of time before we start seeing factory implementation but if anyone comes to mind as the first to vett this system as an OEM it's KAC.
    Get out of my head man! I would be very curious to see how a suppressed 16" SR15 upper would do with the A5. I suspect that the A5 may add some measure of reliability across the spectrum of suppressed / unsuppressed with varying ammo. I think that could be the case because it's generally true with the A5 on a wide variety of barrel lengths and gas system lengths. Unfortunately I don't have a suppressor to test the theory. What buffer are you running on those setups with the A5?

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Well you know what they say... All KAC junkies who actually shoot their guns think alike. Maybe Kev or Jack can get their boys to T&E one and get the ball rolling. I have tried a few different weight buffers but found the A5H3 to be superior with the Sprinco green rifle spring in my KAC & KAC clone setups.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    It's not so much trying to further tame the recoil impulse as it is adding a larger margin of reliability with the rifle length spring and a5 buffer with it's patent pending reliability upgrade by it's design. I have run 11.5 / 14.5 / 16 inch KAC uppers both suppressed and un-suppressed with nothing but stellar results with all sorts of ammo on the A5 system... I'm sure its a matter of time before we start seeing factory implementation but if anyone comes to mind as the first to vett this system as an OEM it's KAC.
    What type of ammo are you running? Have you tried some of the lower grade steel cased stuff? I've read about others having issues running lower quality ammo reliably with the A5 installed. Right now my gun will eat anything and I want to keep it that way. Not that I intend to feed it a steady diet of cheap ammo, but just for the piece of mind knowing that it everything would function reliably if need be.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    I can see this thread getting interesting real quick.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    What type of ammo are you running? Have you tried some of the lower grade steel cased stuff? I've read about others having issues running lower quality ammo reliably with the A5 installed. Right now my gun will eat anything and I want to keep it that way. Not that I intend to feed it a steady diet of cheap ammo, but just for the piece of mind knowing that it everything would function reliably if need be.
    I have run all sorts of cheap commercial .223 ammo along with quality 5.56 HD ammo and mil-surp but not any steel case. Setup was dead nuts reliable and always locked the bolt back, even when tested back to back with mags each loaded with 1 round of junk ammo just to try and make it choke.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    I can see this thread getting interesting real quick.
    I certainly hope so...

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I have run all sorts of cheap commercial .223 ammo along with quality 5.56 HD ammo and mil-surp but not any steel case. Setup was dead nuts reliable and always locked the bolt back, even when tested back to back with mags each loaded with 1 round of junk ammo just to try and make it choke.
    That's reassuring. Right now I plan on adding a MAMS to help tame the front end a little more, but I still find the extended RE solution intriguing. Just not ready to jump into just yet. I appreciate the feedback.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Back in late June I had (or rather my shooting partner) an apparent failure to eject from an SR-16 11.5" upper of some crappy steel cased foreign made acid spewing degenerative ammo. I don't remember the exact brand. The new rule is no more sticking sh** in the quality guns.

It was the first problem of any kind shooting KAC 11.5", 14.5" or 16". I say "apparent" because I was busy running my 14.5 (w/an A5) so I didn't personally witness it. I usually run a mix of mk262 mod 1, BHA 77 gr .223, xm 193. I have also run Pmc, S&B and a bunch of Hornady tap (til I ran out of it). Perfect record both suppressed and not.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hjmpanzr View Post
    Back in late June I had (or rather my shooting partner) an apparent failure to eject from an SR-16 11.5" upper of some crappy steel cased foreign made acid spewing degenerative ammo. I don't remember the exact brand. The new rule is no more sticking sh** in the quality guns.

It was the first problem of any kind shooting KAC 11.5", 14.5" or 16". I say "apparent" because I was busy running my 14.5 (w/an A5) so I didn't personally witness it. I usually run a mix of mk262 mod 1, BHA 77 gr .223, xm 193. I have also run Pmc, S&B and a bunch of Hornady tap (til I ran out of it). Perfect record both suppressed and not.
    The 11.5" I'm putting together will be running the A5H2 buffer, Springco Green and RE10/A5 tube. I plan to run it suppressed exclusively. Don't anticipate any issues, but will try both low and high grade ammo.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Just so you know. My BCM 11.5" will run suppressed and unsuppressed with a -4 buffer and it has never malfunctioned. I have shot Hornady Steel TAP, M855, M193, and markm hand loads (60gr.).

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    The 11.5" I'm putting together will be running the A5H2 buffer, Springco Green and RE10/A5 tube. I plan to run it suppressed exclusively. Don't anticipate any issues, but will try both low and high grade ammo.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast