Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW TROY DMR SCOPE Anyone try one yet?

Feedback Score
    I think that external windage/elevation adjustment turrets on a 1-4X optic are excessive. Maybe if they were very low profile ala Nightforce or Leupold, but I'd much rather just have a BDC built into the reticle.

Slight hijack, but if Trijicon would build their TR21 Accupoint with the 31F reticle it would be a fantastic mid-range, multi-use optic.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_ATS View Post
    I think that external windage/elevation adjustment turrets on a 1-4X optic are excessive. Maybe if they were very low profile ala Nightforce or Leupold, but I'd much rather just have a BDC built into the reticle.

Slight hijack, but if Trijicon would build their TR21 Accupoint with the 31F reticle it would be a fantastic mid-range, multi-use optic.

Stephen

Agree on the TR21. They could do a lot with this optic.

C4

Feedback Score
    But does Trijicon think it makes economic sense for them to do so?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boltcatch View Post
    But does Trijicon think it makes economic sense for them to do so?

Don't know. I do know that they are thinking about it to a certain degree.

C4

Feedback Score
    They think about a lot of things and i have had some neat skunk works in my hands from them that never came to light ......YET

Feedback Score
    I look forward to picking up a TR20-2 with the mil-dot reticle.

a TA31 type reticle on the TR21 would be amazing!!!! I don't much care for the reticles on the TR21-1 or TR21-3. I don't really see any advantage over the original TR21.

Feedback Score
    My crystal ball says Trijicon will never do it. It would cut directly into their more sizeable ACOG profit margins.

I hope I'm wrong.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    I hope so too, because if they did the next time I needed a 4xish magnified optic I'd certainly go for that. However, it would be instead of an ACOG - like the one I picked up a couple weeks ago because after a lot of thought, none of the TR-21 reticles really do it for me.

Feedback Score
    So it's a rebranded Counter Sniper, which contrary to Counter Sniper's claims, is a rebranded Vector Optics, which is a Chinese company.

Troy should sever all ties with Counter Sniper Optics as soon as possible. Here's what Counter Sniper Optics tried telling a member on TOS.

Hi Rob, If you got it from Midway you have the real thing. You also got a deal. If it is unmarked it is designated Military-Sterile per MIL STD 130. It was originally allocated for a black project and would have been sold at civilian retail of $1099.00. Midway was given those at the overun price, and passed the savings on to you. If it has locking turrets, its one of ours, to date no one has knocked that off yet, the fakes have cheesy short turrets. The unit that you have has a double power reostat, ideal for daylight use. FYI, that power level will dazzle at night so make sure to use the level one illumination power setting if you use it in darkness. If the unit performs like it has in some theaters of war for the past few years, I think you will do well. The cross hair that you have makes the 100 yard section a snap. Keep an extra battery on hand in case the light gets left on for a few days. If the unit did for any reason go tits up, we will fix it or give you a new one.
    Counter Sniper Optics is owned by Dark Ops Holding. Dark Ops got their start importing Chinese made Extrema Ratio knock offs, and to this day still do.

Their newest company is Hellfighter lights, which consists of Chinese Surefire knocks offs, and they're even knocking off FN's new light now as well.

They're also the makers of Extreme Shock Ammo, which you may or may not be familiar with.

There are many documented cases of them being sued for patent and copyright violations as well. How they haven't been sued for false advertising and their "Made in the USA" claims yet is amazing.

If I were Troy, I would turn and run before it's too late. If I considered myself friendly with Troy Industries, I'd warn them.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by olds442tyguy View Post
    So it's a rebranded Counter Sniper, which contrary to Counter Sniper's claims, is a rebranded Vector Optics, which is a Chinese company.

Troy should sever all ties with Counter Sniper Optics as soon as possible. Here's what Counter Sniper Optics tried telling a member on TOS.

Counter Sniper Optics is owned by Dark Ops Holding. Dark Ops got their start importing Chinese made Extrema Ratio knock offs, and to this day still do.

Their newest company is Hellfighter lights, which consists of Chinese Surefire knocks offs, and they're even knocking off FN's new light now as well.

They're also the makers of Extreme Shock Ammo, which you may or may not be familiar with.

There are many documented cases of them being sued for patent and copyright violations as well. How they haven't been sued for false advertising and their "Made in the USA" claims yet is amazing.

If I were Troy, I would turn and run before it's too late. If I considered myself friendly with Troy Industries, I'd warn them.
    Wow, did not know all of that. Thanks for the info. I did always think that they were somehow related since all of the advertizing looked alike, though I always had the suspicion that Blackhawk owned them. My apologies to Blackhawk
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12