Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22/410 recommendations

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

22/410 recommendations

Wish I would have bought a Springfield armory m-6 scout rifle back in the day. Way too much for me to spend now as I can buy an AR for what they are currently going for.

Any recommendations for something similar for backpack carry, or if not, what fixed stock single shots does anyone like?

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    Savage has a new 22/.410 over under gun. Not sure of model number but it is light weight gun. The M6 scouts can be bought at a fair price. I have had several and could never get used to the squeeze trigger.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hickuleas View Post
    Savage has a new 22/.410 over under gun. Not sure of model number but it is light weight gun. The M6 scouts can be bought at a fair price. I have had several and could never get used to the squeeze trigger.
    Thanks I will check it out!

Feedback Score
    Although the new Savage's look like they are probably good, I have been keeping my eyes out for older used Model 24. I am not sure if your choice of cal/guage is because that is what is available in new production or if that's what you what.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

22/410 recommendations

I have my granddads old Stevens over/under has a .22 barrel on top and 3", 410 shotgun on bottom. It breaks down for easy packing just like most over/under shotguns. It's what a grew up learning to shoot and hunt with. I have seen them pop up time to time at gun shows and pawn shops. I am currently looking for another for my nephew. I have seen the new savage and think its but ass ugly but it's probably a lot lighter than mine.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have seen the new savage and think its but ass ugly but it's probably a lot lighter than mine.[/QUOTE]

I watched a youtube review and was not thrilled with the new savage; it's front sights look pretty wimpy.

Feedback Score
    I agree with the looks on Savage's new offering. I passed on a 24 in 20guage/.22LR for $250. Got home and reserched what they were going for and about had a heart attack! Went back and it was gone.
    I think that a 20guage/.22mag would be a better "all round setup" in a combo gun...YMMV.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    I agree with the looks on Savage's new offering. I passed on a 24 in 20guage/.22LR for $250. Got home and reserched what they were going for and about had a heart attack! Went back and it was gone.
    I think that a 20guage/.22mag would be a better "all round setup" in a combo gun...YMMV.
    The more I research 22/410's , people seem to like the 22/20ga setup's more than the 410's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by k9barco View Post
    The more I research 22/410's , people seem to like the 22/20ga setup's more than the 410's.
    That is probably true. I think that it depends on what your area of operation (that you foresee yourself using it in) is like. Which is why I stated your milage may very. A guy back east, or in a urban setting may find only have access to very small game additionally the lower report of the .22/.410 to be highly desirable. Out here things are bigger and often farther away. Hense my preference for something bigger.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Rossi makes break open single shot with interchangeable barrels called matched "Pairs" and "Sets". I have the Youth Trifecta which is 20 GA, .22LR, and .243 however you can get them in just about any combination of shot gauge and rifle calibers including pistol calibers like .44 magnum

bought this for my son but he's outgrown it so now it's found life again as my light packing rifle. it's pretty accurate though a little light for a .243 --

http://www.rossiusa.com/product-deta...adcrumbseries=

never push a wrench...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast