Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 22/410 recommendations

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That rossi did catch my eye and I think the price is very reasonable. I originally wanted a breakdown rifle for backpack carry but with the limited choices I may not be able to find one.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by k9barco View Post
    That rossi did catch my eye and I think the price is very reasonable. I originally wanted a breakdown rifle for backpack carry but with the limited choices I may not be able to find one.
    yeah, I think I paid $269 for the set at Dick's many years ago. it's easy to carry the gun set up with the .243 barrel and scope attached and the 20GA barrel and some shells in the pack.

I liked having the .22LR barrel as this was the trainer gun for my kids but don't use it much any more and would be happy with just one of the Matched Pairs now. Probably choose .223 and 20 GA...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    yeah, I think I paid $269 for the set at Dick's many years ago. it's easy to carry the gun set up with the .243 barrel and scope attached and the 20GA barrel and some shells in the pack.

I liked having the .22LR barrel as this was the trainer gun for my kids but don't use it much any more and would be happy with just one of the Matched Pairs now. Probably choose .223 and 20 GA...
    Does the Rossi fold in half for backpack carry with the barrel attached?

Feedback Score
    Why not just carry a quality semi-auto pistol such as a Glock 19 or S&W M&P with 2-3 magazines. You are still lighter than any .22/.410and you can defend yourself better against four legged and more importantly two legged predators better.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by k9barco View Post
    Does the Rossi fold in half for backpack carry with the barrel attached?
    no but it separates as in the pics above. at this point the barrel is the longest part. I have the youth model so it's pretty short and light so I just carry the gun assembled with the barrel/caliber I anticipate needing most accessible and a few rounds in a pocket or pouch.

the other barrel and ammo rides in the pack. obviously the shotgun barrel is lightest but ammo is heavier so it's a trade off..
    never push a wrench...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12