Thread: Bushnell Vs Eotech

Feedback Score

Bushnell Vs Eotech

Wanting opinions on the difference. I have a new Eotech 512 and 3 original first generation Bushnell Halo sights. Other then the length, batteries and guard over top of Eotech, I can't see a difference in the actual sight picture or accuracy. Anyone else compared the 2. The biggest differenbce I saw was I paid $100 each for the Bushnells, used off guns at Pawnshops and then $350 for the Eotech anbd it uses AA batteries.
    Looking for sight/accuracy comments.

Feedback Score
    you mentioned pretty much everything

but you left out the most important difference - battery life is much better on the EOTech Rev F, even on the 511/551 CR123 models.

also, some EOs have a night vision mode and none of the bushnells do.

Feedback Score

Agreed but

Batteries (N) are breadily available over here, not the case in the sand lot.
    Also night vision isn't neccessary for IPSC 3 gun competitions in the USA.

Feedback Score
    While I do not own one of the Bushnell sights, I have some family members who have used them for hunting, and they have complained frequently of them coming loose on its mounting and losing their zero while getting banged around from crawling/walking through heavy brush and tree lines.

I have an EOTech 553, and have dropped my rifle and banged it around quite significantly crawling through heavy brush and the like and have had it never lose perfect zero nor come loose on its mounting.
    "There's no such thing as a good gun. There's no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." - Charlton Heston

Feedback Score
    does anyone know if Bushnell isolates any of the electronic components with shock absorbing resin?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    EOTech builds the Bushnell holosigt at their f cility, they used to sell the same sight under the 502 designation.

it is basically a cheaper 511 without the hood.

As far as N cell, it is crap and I hate them....!!