Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A New Colt Design in 7.62x39?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sako View Post

Been shooting this upper receiver kit I got about 15 years ago and have never had the issues bantered about on the various forums. The newer ASC (C-products) curved magazines work extremely well.
    A friend with a registered M16 lower ran this upper FA and the additional short range power of the 7.62 x 39 was evident.

It's all opinion regardless, the 5.56 is a well evolved cartridge, so yeah why bother
    Nice. I had no idea Colt had this available 15 years ago. They need to reintroduce it for sure. Thanks for sharing.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    Nice. I had no idea Colt had this available 15 years ago. They need to reintroduce it for sure. Thanks for sharing.
    If not mistaken, the reason they(x39 uppers) weren't more well known and popular is they had less than stellar reviews. I think that a lot of those issues were fixed by putting more angle on mags for rimmed cartridge, and mid length system. If mistaken please correct have kicked around x39 upper build for a project, but still haven't done whole lot of research. I'm sure some one with more knowledge can chime in(maybe??). I also wanna say upgraded bolt helped but cant remember if just in SBR's. Man I really wanna do a 7.5'' 7.62x39 upper. Even if only for range toy.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The 300 Blackout is the far better solution.

Feedback Score

.300 BO is not the only option

Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post

Considering that we now have the option for the .300 BO I would be inclined to agree, somewhat. However, the availability of cheap 7.62 x 39 is a strong reason to continue the support of that cartridge in an AR platform.

Also from a supersonic perspective I think that Wilson's concept is also superior...

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/762x40-project.asp

Regardless, you pays your money and you take your chance!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    at $1 per round methinks not...then we can talk about availability, which tilts it even further to 7.62R

this, of course, presumes colt has the system, incl mags, running well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_Overide View Post
    I hope they get it out before the SR47 is released... (if it is...)
    We've been waiting on that for a long time. After seeing the pics of the SHOT show this year, I'm hopeful that it'll be soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12