Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bolt and lever action poll against semi-auto weapons

Feedback Score
    AKDoug SAID:

For what use? I prefer semi autos for self defense against other humans. I prefer bolt actions and their associated larger cartridges for hunting. I have no use for lever actions.

I only carry handguns for defense against humans, so I prefer semi-autos.

My perspective exactly!

Well said!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For revolvers I prefer double action.

For semi auto handguns I prefer single action.

For hunting and long range shooting I prefer bolt action rifles.

For any other rifle use I prefer semi auto.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Each weapon has it's place. Depending on your specific needs, either a bolt action, lever action, pump action, or semi-auto may fit the bill. It all depends on what you are looking for really.

Sent from my iPhone4S
    using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There are completely different purposes for each rifle, you can't pick one, you need one of each.

Feedback Score
    Semi auto man myself, no interest in bolts or levers

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Have all, enjoy all. Again, it's what may be best for the application. What do I enjoy the most? bolt and levers just seem to be more "fun" to me, they have "soul"
    I think you should have at least one bolt gun in the inventory. You can take it anywhere and if things get that bad regarding restrictions, it would be the last to go. I guess you could always get one then?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I like the look and craftsmanship put into the bolt action rifles and lever guns, especially the older original ones. But I prefer to use my semis for all my recreational shooting. Somehow I just can't bring myself to put any further abuse on my older winchester and springfield rifles

Feedback Score
    While I love my semi-auto rifles, there is just something cool about a nice quality lever action rifle. Old faded Levis and wrap around sunglasses cool. Comfortable, tough and trustworthy. Timeless quality and operation. If you practice...you can work a lever almost as fast as most people shoot a semi-auto.

Here in Texas, we do love our lever actions and as the owner of three Marlins, 2 Winchesters and 2 early Savage 99s....I guess I prove the point! LOL

(I still want one of those Henry Golden Boys...and I really don't know why...damn things just look cool...LOL)

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I love my Ruger 96/22 Lever. I am LH, so it is much easier to run than a bolt. And when I run 22LR subsonic, it never FTE, unlike a 10/22. Every gun has its place.

Feedback Score
    Honestly as long as the gun in question is well made, reliable, and accurate then I like them all. From single shots to machine guns.

Each has their purpose. However for guns to be used primarily for self defense or fighting other people I prefer an auto-loader.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast