Thread: Email from White House RE Gun Control

Feedback Score

Email from White House RE Gun Control

This is the resulting email from a petition I signed regarding the 2A. The gist is "We don't care what you think, what congress thinks or anyone else. This administration will change the rules."

President Obama Believes in the Second Amendment. He Also Believes in Common Sense.

Thank you for your petition.

President Obama strongly believes that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms.

That's never been in question.

But the right guaranteed by the Second Amendment carries with it certain responsibilities, and there are commonsense steps we can take right now to protect our children and keep our communities safe. For instance, we can close the loopholes in the background check system that make it too easy for criminals and other dangerous people to buy guns — an idea that has the support of 90 percent of people in the United States, by the way. 

So here's what we're doing.

Fully consistent with our Second Amendment rights, we've put together a proposal to help prevent tragic mass shootings like those in Newtown, Aurora, Oak Creek, and Tucson. If you want to see the specifics of our plan, you should visit WhiteHouse.gov/NowIsTheTime.

And whether or not Congress passes gun safety legislation, President Obama is already taking steps to make our country safer with executive actions. He's strengthening the existing background check system, giving law enforcement officials more tools to prevent gun violence, ending the freeze on gun violence research, making schools safer, and improving access to mental health care. You can read more about that here.

While these are each important steps, they’re not a replacement for Congressional action. Passing commonsense gun safety legislation to expand background checks and to make gun trafficking a federal crime is essential.

So we'll continue to push to make that happen.
    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by .46caliber; 08-12-13 at 20:01.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    What mental midget wrote that thing? Arms trafficking is already a federal crime; why hasn't Holder and his cohorts been prosecuted?

Feedback Score

Re: Email from White House RE Gun Control

I really wish politicians would stop using the words common sense to describe what it is they want to do. There is nothing common sense about these people, what they think, what they want. And the fact they continue to cling to that 90% number even after it's been proven false shows just how short sighted and ignorant they are. They want to write laws to make things that are already illegal, illegal. What?

Also, this administration has been all about changing or flat out ignoring the rules.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner505 View Post
    Also, this administration has been all about changing or flat out ignoring the rules.

I guess in that respect, he kept his promise of "Change".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner505 View Post
    I really wish politicians would stop using the words common sense to describe what it is they want to do. There is nothing common sense about these people, what they think, what they want. And the fact they continue to cling to that 90% number even after it's been proven false shows just how short sighted and ignorant they are. They want to write laws to make things that are already illegal, illegal. What?

Kinda my thoughts too. Who says it's "common sense"? I sure don't see it as common sense.

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by No.6 View Post
    Kinda my thoughts too. Who says it's "common sense"? I sure don't see it as common sense.
    Manipulative verbiage, choice of politicians and media outlets alike.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by No.6 View Post
    You simply haven't been elevated to the same cerebral plateau as the one they have defined for themselves. And if you dare disagree with all this common sense for the children stuff they puke all over then you are branded some soulless monster who would rather see mountains of dead baby seals than give up your silly freedoms for the greater good. It's only common sense...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I wouldn't expect less in a response from them, but the attitude is infuriating. Basically saying you're an idiot with no common sense, in a smarmy and cocky tone.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer View Post
    Basically saying you're an idiot with no common sense, in a smarmy and cocky tone.
    Unfortunately, that is now the majority of our population. They just buy the words at face value.
    OIF/OEF vet (Ramadi/Hit & Ghazni)
    Former Army infantry squad leader
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    NR-EMT