Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 400 US surface-to-air missiles were 'STOLEN' from Libya during the Benghazi attack

Feedback Score
    400?

Wow...amazing what one You Tube video can stir up!

LOL

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trinydex View Post
    you made a judgment call about the administration concerning a bunch if alphabet soup agencies, the CIA included. why would you presume to know what the CIA is doing is "bad" and not thoroughly necessary?
    And you're here to defend the administration and spread confusion. I already more than clarified my stance on what is wrong and why repeatedly, including in threads in which you partook.

Just the fact that you claim to see nothing wrong in Washington speaks volumes to me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I gotta say, if the bad guys had gotten ahold of these as alluded to, I think we'd already seen one or two of them used....
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My question is, why in the goat**** would we store 400 (four ****ing hundred) of these things at an embassy for ANY amount of time?
    OIF/OEF vet (Ramadi/Hit & Ghazni)
    Former Army infantry squad leader
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    NR-EMT

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    We wouldn't. Has anybody in this thread seen a stinger case? I've only see a dozen or so together. 400 would take up the whole compound.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed30 View Post
    My question is, why in the goat**** would we store 400 (four ****ing hundred) of these things at an embassy for ANY amount of time?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed30 View Post
    Well trinydex hasn't graced us with his pearls of wisdom on the topic yet, but here's my take.

When you set out to overthrow a regime clandestinely, you need to provide war materials to, well, lets call them "insurgents". Once said overthrow is complete, there are weapons EVERYWHERE. Weapons from the overthrown regime and unused or surplus weapons you provided on the sly. Besides taking up arms against others, including perhaps your own "allies" or even in some cases, the very source of said clandestine weapons, they also tend to get sold.

Yet the same suppportive government that expects it's own citizens to undergo a background check to purchase a civilian firearm at home, doesn't exactly require these purchasers to be called into NICS. So they do exactly what they do here at home with otherwise irresponsible persons having loads of weapons, they set up an exchange where they give these "insurgents" something of value in exchange for turning these weapons in. Except for one tiny little detail. They can't exactly advertise this "buyback" publicly. You know, seeing as how they sort of funneled these weapons to the "insurgents" Fastly and Furiously so to speak.

So it's not like they're going to actually do this at the real deal embassy with tons of security and documentation. No, they're going to do it on the down low, someplace they might benignly refer to as "The Annex", where it's all low key and not a lot of flash. You know, sort of like setting up a storefront "Fearlessly" in Milwaulkee and flashing lots of cash for gats. And just like that, you don't wind up with the results you wanted.

Now what I wrote is just dripping with sarcasm for a reason. We have amateur "leadership" directing botched operations all over the globe for four years now, and their best defense is that all these scandals are "phony". That's what you get when you surround yourself with amateur advisers who thing they know what they're doing. Now you had Obama come on TV to say he's going to appoint an "independent" panel to review how NSA surveillance operations are conducted so he can "restore the public trust". Yet what does he turn around and do? He appoints James Clapper, the guy who lied to Congress, to head the review. http://rinf.com/alt-news/breaking-ne...w-group/58527/

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up. So when anyone even remotely suggests that perhaps there was a legitmate reason to do whatever just blew up in America's face, I tend to immediately think of The Peter Principle.
    Last edited by glocktogo; 08-13-13 at 15:58.

Feedback Score
    And then you can have some former spooks join the MIC and sell congress on expensive countermeasures made by their new employer that are designed specifically to nullify the advantage given to the insurgents by the same individual at their former job. It about jobs, people.
    Crossing the Noobicon

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    We wouldn't. Has anybody in this thread seen a stinger case? I've only see a dozen or so together. 400 would take up the whole compound.
    I think the embassy compound and the CIA building were just the base of operations for a large arms smuggling ring.

‘A large fleet container ship named the “Mol Comfort” was carrying weapons from the U.S. to the FSA Rebels in Syria when it suddenly split in half in the Indian Ocean and sank, as it was making its way from Singapore to Jeddah. On board were 4,500 containers loaded with U.S. arms for the Syrian rebels.’

The cause for this sudden accident is still being reported publicly as “unknown.”
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/bl.../3034716/posts
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    "400 missiles..... 500 missiles....what difference does it make?"

-Hillary Clinton

LOL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If this report were true (as we still don't have confirmation), how does it rank in comparison to the thousands of tons of ordnance that was left unguarded during OIF? We've got a habit of leaving dangerous shit laying around all over the place.

And, no, I'm not defending this administration. I'm condemning a long list of 'em. We seem incapable of learning from past mistakes. It's not like there aren't plenty of folks standing ready to arm these jihadi assholes. We've got to hand them the shit ourselves.

Makes a guy start wonderin' who's zoomin' who.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast