Thread: Wilmington IDPA

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Wilmington IDPA

Our regular monthly IDPA match at Buccaneer Gun Club will be held this coming Sunday, August 18th starting about 9AM. Signup at 8:30AM, Safety brief at 9AM, first shots shortly thereafter. You will need a pistol (9mm or larger), at least two magazines (preferably three) , a belt magazine holder and holster for your firearm. A concealment garment (shirt, jacket vest etc.) is optional for this match. We are planning four high round count stages so plan on around 90 rounds. One of the stages will be a car stage so if you've never shot out of a vehicle then this is your chance. Also, we are bringing back the infamous double headshot target (disappearing headshots), so if you shot it last month and want a retry you'll get another chance at it. You do NOT have to be an IDPA member or Buccaneer Gun Club member to participate and the match is open to the public. Weather is forecast to be sunny and around 80. We should wrap up before 1PM. Match fee is only $15. If you have never shot an IDPA match, don't be intimidated; everyone has a first match and first time shooters are given lots of attention and encouragement. Come on out because its a great way to practice your pistol skills, check out your equipment, have a lot of fun and meet a lot of other shooting fans.
    We hope to see you this Sunday prior to 9AM. Questions: call Cosby Thomas (910) 520-8200, Lon Layton (910) 520-6719, Ray Campbell (910)
    520-4822 or Don Pelling (910) 520-5393.

--
    Lon Layton
    I treat my lawnmower better than I treat my 1911.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amp Mangum View Post
    One of the stages will be a car stage so if you've never shot out of a vehicle then this is your chance.
    This is really worth the match fee right here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Our regular monthly IDPA match at Buccaneer Gun Club will be held this coming Sunday October 20th, starting about 9AM. PLEASE OBSERVE THE 13 MPH SPEED LIMIT WHEN DRIVING INTO AND OUT OF THE CLUB. Signup at 8:30AM, Safety brief at 9AM, first shots shortly thereafter. You will need a pistol (9mm or larger), at least three magazines, a belt magazine holder and a holster for your firearm. A concealment garment (shirt, jacket vest etc.) is REQUIRED for this match. We are planning four high round count stages so plan on around 90 rounds. One of the stages will be a car stage so if you've never shot out and/or around a vehicle then this is your chance. Also, we're bringing back the dreaded double disappearing headshot target in one of the stages so if you want a chance to try it again then Sunday is the day. You do NOT have to be an IDPA member or Buccaneer Gun Club member to participate and the match is open to the public. Weather is forecast to be around 70 degrees. We should wrap up before 1PM. Match fee is only $15. If you have never shot an IDPA match, don't be intimidated; everyone has a first match and first time shooters are given lots of attention and encouragement. Come on out because its a great way to practice your pistol skills, check out your equipment, have a lot of fun and meet a lot of other shooting fans.
    We hope to see you this Sunday prior to 9AM. Questions: call Cosby Thomas (910) 520-8200, Lon Layton (910) 520-6719, Ray Campbell (910)
    520-4822 or Don Pelling (910) 520-5393. -- Lon Layton

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Next match is November 15th.

http://www.buccaneergunclub.org/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Next match is this Saturday September 5.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Buccaneer Gun Club match for February 6th will start at our usual time of 10AM. Please be at the range by 9:30AM to check in. This February 6th match will be dedicated to Nick Dillon and all proceeds from the match will be designated for the education of his son, Walker Dillon. Nick was a good friend to all of us, a fellow competitor, and all around great guy. We all will miss him very much. Match fee is $15 if you sign up online prior to 6AM on February 6th; $20 after that time or at the match. By signing up online you save us significant time, minimize errors, and allows us to print your scoresheet ahead of time. You will also get an email immediately after the scores are finalized and we can also text the scores to your smart phone if you have one. BGC is a cold range (YOU MAY NOT HAVE A LOADED FIREARM UNTIL DIRECTED TO LOAD BY A SAFETY OFFICER WHEN YOU ARE ON THE FIRING LINE) and eye and ear protection is required for everyone including spectators. Please bag and unbag your firearms in one of our four designated safe areas. They are clearly marked as such and if you are unsure, just ask one of the match personnel to direct you to one. We are planning on five high round count stages so plan on needing around 100 rounds for the match. A concealment garment (vest, jacket etc.) is REQUIRED for this February match. ALSO: the new IDPA one second penalty rule will be in place for this match so a hit in a one point zone will now count as one second. Three points three seconds and also five points will be five seconds. Please observe the 13MPH speed limit when entering and leaving the club. We hope to see you Saturday! The link for signing up online is: http://www.idpamatchsignup.com?match...1-CE360CC4AB27 LL