Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LMT or Colt 6920

Feedback Score

LMT or Colt 6920

Basically I want to know if I'd be skimping out on anything if I went the LMT route. I don't know all of the different models/options but it would be a basic M4 flat top style rifle with a 16" barrel. The LMT is ab out $300 cheaper in my neck of the woods. I know that LMT makes a quality product, but I like the Colts as well. For the money though if there really is no BIG difference in quality, build, etc. then I will go the LMT route. Thanks in advance.
    "To ask is but a moments shame, but to not ask, and remain ignorant is a life's shame" - Lao Tzu

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Many will say "Nothing is like a Colt." Well I can tell you my LMT Defender has been everything any Colt ever was and more. Albeit my main exposure to Colt has been issued M4 and M4A1 so I do not have first hand experience with Civilian 6920s, but I would say you are sacrificing nothing other than a name by going LMT.

Feedback Score
    Id get an LMT, I have too many bad memories from Colt when they didnt want people having their 'evil' configured ARs shortly after the ban, it left a bad taste in my mouth

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saginaw79 View Post
    Id get an LMT, I have too many bad memories from Colt when they didnt want people having their 'evil' configured ARs shortly after the ban, it left a bad taste in my mouth
    I can't subscribe to this thought process. I will try to get the best product I can get within my budget regardless of perceived political views or attitudes.

The LMT is good. They have a great reputation, but there's a few areas where the COLT is just a little better.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    If you can find a 6920 I would go with that, just becuase they are very tough to track down anymore. If you cannot, you can't go wrong with LMT, I believe their rifles are every bit as good. You could also look into Noveske for about the same price as a 6920, they have a great reputation as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What is this rifles intended use?

LMT makes an exceptional rifle.....and frankly...I can't imagine anyone...the gunslingers here included, who wouldn't be entirely well equipt with an LMT rifle.

The differences between an LMT and a Colt are splitting hairs. The functional/reliability areas are completely addressed with both rifles.
    AMERICAN INFIDEL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5POINT56 View Post
    What is this rifles intended use?

LMT makes an exceptional rifle.....and frankly...I can't imagine anyone...the gunslingers here included, who wouldn't be entirely well equipt with an LMT rifle.

The differences between an LMT and a Colt are splitting hairs. The functional/reliability areas are completely addressed with both rifles.
    Awesome! It would be for basic target range shooting, as well as tactical rifle classes. Ultimately I want a "combat ready" rifle. I have an LWRC basic M4 flat top style rifle already, and from what I have read it is supposed to be a "combat" rifle. I just want something that can take punishment if it has to. I'm sure the LWRC can, but I also want a DI rifle, therefore I have the Colt, or the LMT to choose from. I know Noveske makes an awesome product but there are more LMT's, and Colts out there so I want to go with something that has been around for a while.

BTW I picked up that LWRC for $1,300.00 out the door. It was used, but barley from what I have seen, and the guy who sold it to me is an LWRC master dealer so he assured me that if anything was wrong with it that he would send it back to LWRC for free. I don't know what these normally go for brand new, but I know it's more than what I paid. The question is how good did I do?
    "To ask is but a moments shame, but to not ask, and remain ignorant is a life's shame" - Lao Tzu

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTricks View Post
    Basically I want to know if I'd be skimping out on anything if I went the LMT route. I don't know all of the different models/options but it would be a basic M4 flat top style rifle with a 16" barrel. The LMT is ab out $300 cheaper in my neck of the woods. I know that LMT makes a quality product, but I like the Colts as well. For the money though if there really is no BIG difference in quality, build, etc. then I will go the LMT route. Thanks in advance.
    You are where I was a few weeks ago, I have a BM, and wanted a better (closer to mil-spec) rifle for a few matchs, and target prcatice... I went with the LMT because of the outright cost for the Colt. I was able to buy the Defender lower first, and can now buy the upper, without paying a big chunk of money all at once. Another benefit was avoiding the Fed tax charged fon a complete weapon. My reasons are totally economic, but if I had the money to buy a Colt outright, I would still buy the LMT. Seems everyone here likes the ones they have. Just my .02 worth..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    My reasons are totally economic, but if I had the money to buy a Colt outright, I would still buy the LMT. Seems everyone here likes the ones they have.

+1

I could not be happier with mine.

Feedback Score
    Colt 6920 hands down. Colt has the edge. If you aren't willing to pay or can't, then go with the LMT. IMHO you can't go wrong with either. You would have a very good weapon, regardless of the choice.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast