Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DIY Krytec like spray paint Camo

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jayhrc51 View Post
    What image did you use to print that? You did a really good job, looks damn near perfect
    forgot where I saw it at work (sorry can't remember) I just saved it on a thumb drive

when you print, just tell printer to print full size of paper...it's not sharp...it'll be fine since you'll cut it anyway

further Google Search, it seems I'm doing this the hard and tedious way. I found an eBay seller for this stencil....I'm starting to think that may be the original source.
    Try Google Image Kryptek or Kryptec + stencil + eBay

I'm still waiting for a day to get this project done. I still want to do it with a net.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I knew it!

the stencil I found somewhere using Google Image ORIGINATED HERE

this stencil is COMPLETE vs the one I found in Google Image

I'm don't know the owner nor get any profit for this eBay owner, but, the least I can do is re-direct to his store, for those who want to this stencil faster.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looks awesome!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cctroupe11 View Post
    Edit: Now...what I'd really like to see is something cerakoted in a pattern like this...would it be possible?
    I think an option might be to paint it and then have it Cerakoted in clear. I understand there is such a thing...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cctroupe11 View Post
    Edit: Now...what I'd really like to see is something cerakoted in a pattern like this...would it be possible?
    If you follow the link to the eBay Seller of the stencil, he did mention this:
    The airsoft was refinished in our shop- and this was my FIRST ATTEMPT on an airsoft!!
    The last 2 pics are of a Benelli Vinci bolt, first in process then completed, in CeraKote.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    so, I was experimenting with the stencil on what areas to cut off.
    I posted earlier, just removing the hexagonal shapes.

I wanted to see if I remove the other areas besides the hexagonal shapes and painted on my airsoft, to practice also.

I personally don't like it.
    Just wanting to share this experience, just in case you're still thinking of doing this stencil.

I'll repaint the airsoft and stick with cutting the hexagonal areas and paint from there.

suggestion, get that stencil wet or really close to the surface to get sharper lines.

good day everyone

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Question

studying it again, it looks like:

1) dominant/base color
    2) me personally: do the stencil the hexagon shapes next.
    3) go over certain areas with 2nd or 3rd color
    4) go back to certain hexagon areas to emphasize

what say you?

Feedback Score
    Those are awesome. Now I gotta try it on one of mine.

Feedback Score
    Great job with using what was at hand for you.

If you want to experiment more in the future, I will recommend Aervoe camo paint. I followed Pat Roger's lead (and method, on lightfighter forum) and it paid off handsomely with a well camo'd rifle to suit my AO coloring. Aervoe colors are specifically well suited for camouflaging equipment.

Paint : http://dsgarms.com/Category/43_1/Paint.aspx

As a side note, use some sealer when finished because, as all paints do, chipping will occur.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234