Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Apple Cider Vinegar

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Apple Cider Vinegar

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I don't eat sweets. An occasional ice cream or piece of cake at a party. I almost never eat carbs. Not because I don't like them but because i prefer meat. Carbs fill you up quick and leave little room for tasty meat. Once in a while I'll have a piece of potato, a little bit of sweet potatoe or a small amount of pasta. We're talking once every few months. I can't remember the last time I ate bread.... so I don't order sandwiches (too much bread with no taste and not enough meat). I haven't drank soda since I was a kid and I don't do fast food. My daily meals were....

Breakfast
    2 eggs
    1/4 avocado
    1 serving of tuna

Lunch
    Some kind of meat
    Salad (no dressing usually)
    Piece of fruit

Dinner
    Same as lunch minus the fruit.

Snaks
    Plain yogurt
    Fruit
    Mixed nuts
    Slice of cheese
    -of course not all at the same time

No where in there is a lot of sugar or any carbs.
    I don't order out and cook everything myself. I make several dishes of meat and salads for the whole week and then just mix and match.

I've never had high cholesterol or high blood pressure up until my last blood test about 6 months ago. I do however smoke and drink (not to be confused with alcoholism).
    Doctor said to cut down on red meat (fat), add in more fish, chicken (no skin) and whole grain foods.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    There are many things that can elevate cholesterol. Food is low on the list. Your diet seems to be on point which shows you food isn’t the cause. I wouldn’t take nutritional advice from a primary care physician either. Especially when they start with the no red meat, whole grains routine. Let me guess how the exchange went. Dr. “Try a low cholesterol diet and we’ll retest in 4 months. If it doesn’t change we’ll put you on a statin.”
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 05-09-18 at 09:15.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    ACV and Omeprazole do the opposite effect. Theory is not enough acid is slowing digestion and backing up the GI system. I ate a steak last night with "Slap Yo Momma" spice mix on it. Drank 2 beers. If I got heartburn a tiny taste will end the HB.

ACV may or may not fight cancers. IMO an eye dropper might be a good way to dose.
    Uh...no. I can’t even begin to make sense of that “theory”.

Heartburn/acid reflux isn’t caused by too much acid in the stomach, it’s caused by failure of the lower esophageal sphincter allowing stomach acid into the esophagus. Omeprazole, that entire class of drugs (PPI’s), doesn’t cause colon or stomach cancer. Taking it “as needed for heartburn is fine, but it takes 2-4 days to achieve meaningful blood levels, so the immediate effect after a taco is relatively small.

I’ve seen stuff written (usually on the internet) about drinking acid to regulate the body’s pH. Even a rudimentary grasp of physiology (think Wikipedia) would show how silly that is as a concept.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help WillBrink. I was also quite confused.

Feedback Score
    I have been mixing old fashioned ACV and just plain ole water , about 2 tablespoons to the qt. Very good blood work numbers , lost 8-10 lbs over the past year. 60 years old 5'11" and about 174. The taste becomes very tolerable after a while, so much so that plain water begins to be a bit bland

Feedback Score
    I have been using it for a little more than a week to get rid of and extremely painful wart that popped up on my heel. I pull the cotton off of a q tip and soak it with ACV then use duct tape to tape to my heel. In the morning I pull it off and re apply at bedtime. Now after a little over a week I believe that I have it cured. Where the wart was has been eaten away.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Uh...no. I can’t even begin to make sense of that “theory”.

Heartburn/acid reflux isn’t caused by too much acid in the stomach, it’s caused by failure of the lower esophageal sphincter allowing stomach acid into the esophagus. Omeprazole, that entire class of drugs (PPI’s), doesn’t cause colon or stomach cancer. Taking it “as needed for heartburn is fine, but it takes 2-4 days to achieve meaningful blood levels, so the immediate effect after a taco is relatively small.

I’ve seen stuff written (usually on the internet) about drinking acid to regulate the body’s pH. Even a rudimentary grasp of physiology (think Wikipedia) would show how silly that is as a concept.

Are you using ACV for heartburn?

If so do you have a hiatal hernia?

Or are you a gastroenterologist?

I am going on what IS working for me. And what I have read from doctors on the net.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345