Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AAC .300 BLK rifle....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Looks good, carbine length gas??? Decent deal?? http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...le&groupid=714
    I got mine from Cypress Armory for $50 less.

http://www.cypressarmory.com/cypress...urx-rail-30rd/

Shipping is also free. The picture shows an older URX rail but mine has the URX 3.1.

And if you're in California like me, they're also willing to install a bullet button for you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Some like the better ballistics for hunting. I got it for hog hunting here in GA. I already have magazines, and it is in a platform I know well.

Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    Personally, I've never understood the appeal of a non-SBR .300 BLK.
    Former Colorado State Director, Students for Concealed Carry
    concealedcampus.org

Feedback Score
    5.56mm is not really fully realized until you have a 24 inch barrel - the bore to powder ratio is just set up for that. 20 inches is decent, and 16 is on the short side, at least speaking in terms of how much juice you are extracting relative to what it would be with a longer barrel. 300 BLK is just as realized in a 16 inch barrel as 5.56mm in a 24 inch barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You sir are absolutely correct. After all everyone with half a brain knows there is zero practical purpose in having a lightweight 16 inch barreled carbine firing a 122-125 grain 30 caliber bullet at 2300 feet per second. A few years ago some numb skull named Mikhail Kalashnikov came up with a hair brained idea right along those same lines. We all know how that turned out.
    Last edited by Nightvisionary; 09-08-13 at 08:42.

Feedback Score
    I have the exact same rifle. Picked it up in May with this 3.1 rail.
    Very nice piece of machinery.
    Wish ammo wasn't $2 a freakin' bullet so I could shoot it more.
    Can't go wrong in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnutAF View Post
    Grizzly16
    And you do know what they say about fools and money right! My $800 dollar 300 Blk will run with any $1400 dollar rifle ! Now what was your point? Why have a car that goes 200 mph when you can't ever drive 200 mph? What just so you can say you can?
    Who says you can't go 200mph? I've driven 170+ before, you just gotta know when/where, and have the right vehicle.

I'm not putting down your $800 rifle (and we don't know what parts you have on it anyway), but I'd gladly buy a $1400 AR from AAC anyday. I'd also buy a Colt or BCM (or KAC) over a PSA every time. Your money is worth as much as it is to you. I defintely won't buy a Hyundai if I can afford a Porche... just sayin.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalash9305 View Post
    I have the exact same rifle. Picked it up in May with this 3.1 rail.
    Very nice piece of machinery.
    Wish ammo wasn't $2 a freakin' bullet so I could shoot it more.
    Can't go wrong in my opinion.
    Even with today's panic pricing, there are two sources of 300 BLK supersonic for under 65 cents per round. And the new Remington UMC subsonic is $17.99 per box MSRP.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    Even with today's panic pricing, there are two sources of 300 BLK supersonic for under 65 cents per round. And the new Remington UMC subsonic is $17.99 per box MSRP.
    Link for the $0.65 ammo?
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer."
    — Frank Zappa

If the gun goes dry I use my knife. If the knife breaks off I use my teeth. I have only one rule - Start one job and see it through - The universe will have to offer someone else the leftovers. Multi tasking doesn't work in business or in gunfighting.
    - Michael de Bethencourt

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dookie1481 View Post
    Link for the $0.65 ammo?
    If you don't want to miss ammo deals, I put every one I run across on the Facebook page - you can subscribe to it:

https://www.facebook.com/300aacblackout

http://shop.ozarkordnance.com. Use the code "blackout" and get an extra $5.00 off per box of 300 AAC Blackout.

http://www.freedommunitions.com/300-...147r-b0500.htm
    Last edited by rsilvers; 09-15-13 at 18:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The legality. An SBR is a hassle and you can't just take it wherever you want whenever you want. BATFE wants to be notified of every move across a state line. I'm messing with a 450 Bushmaster with an absurd 20 inch barrel. I want to have it cut, 12 inches should be just about right but it will wind up 16+ in case I ever want to take it to another state to hunt.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast