Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SR-25 Battle Rifle

Feedback Score

SR-25 Battle Rifle

Yeah..something about this gun...had to have it. Just got it in this week..

Haven't shot match through it yet, will get out to 650yds this next week...

It groups the basic AE and Sellier+Belliot ammo just over MOA..pretty damn good for basic ammo

Suppressor enroute, waiting for form 3

Short-dot was to sight in, might be temp or perm, we'll see how it goes...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey brother,
    Do you know what changes this new rifle has from the original SR-25K carbines?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    Hey brother,
    Do you know what changes this new rifle has from the original SR-25K carbines?

M4G,

Off the top of my head, URX instead of MRE, Lothar barrel I believe, dimpled barrel, Inconel Brake capable to mount the .308 NT4,gas block fitted to mount the SR-25BR reflex can, LMT Stock, Ambo lower controls...

The SR-25ks that were made started out as regular SR-25s and then were pulled and made in to "battle rifles"

This gun was a contract over run build that was available so this started its life as a battle rifle

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It has been said by the customer that had them built that the old SR25Ks would not run right, and are the reason the HK417 exists today. I was wondering if they tweaked the operating system or developed any new procedures to up the reliability in the new 16" guns. I hope the new ones run well, I'd love to have one.

I really like the dimpling on the barrels...I had some time on a PDW, and I am sold on dimpling. Flutes don't do it for me but I'd pay good money to dimple the barrel on one of my guns. My next gun will be getting a URX, too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    It has been said by the customer that had them built that the old SR25Ks would not run right, and are the reason the HK417 exists today. I was wondering if they tweaked the operating system or developed any new procedures to up the reliability in the new 16" guns. I hope the new ones run well, I'd love to have one.

I really like the dimpling on the barrels...I had some time on a PDW, and I am sold on dimpling. Flutes don't do it for me but I'd pay good money to dimple the barrel on one of my guns. My next gun will be getting a URX, too.

Very good question, while the other SR-25k is referred to as the carbine, I believe it uses the KAC prop. midlength gas system, and so does this one. I am not sure if they adjusted gas port on this model or not..BCG tolerances,lockup,unsure....maybe III can step in and give little more insight..

Dimpling is the heat...i enjoy it alot.

SR-25's little brother write up

Feedback Score
    Damn bro, when you told me about this I though it was going to be an older model...

She's a beaut.

Feedback Score
    This configuration is still in use and liked over the 20" gun by some guys. The rifles are mostly 14.5" as opposed to 16". Battle rifle is not a good name for this gun . It is more of a carbine sniper rifle. The gun which has a chrome chamber and bore does still have a match chamber. The gun will not run when extra dirty but shoot under 1". There have been numerous improvements to the bolt group and buffer to make all SR-25's better than the guns before them. If accuracy was not the prime objective we would privide a different rifle than this type.
    C Reed Knight III
    Knight's Armament Co.
    http://www.knightarmco.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    that is an amazing looking gun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    He's got this and he's waiting for another GD suppressor for it.

Unbelievable...

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I love this gun...

As much as I love the Mk11 issued to me this week, I so desperately have wanted one of these ever since I saw the early select fire versions with the first URX models.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast