Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First can recommendations.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    You generally have NFA items for the REST OF YOUR LIFE so I wouldn't skimp. Save your money and get a SureFire.

C4

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    You generally have NFA items for the REST OF YOUR LIFE so I wouldn't skimp. Save your money and get a SureFire.

C4
    I feel your pain OP I would love to get a Surefire 762RC SOCOM. However I just dont know if I can pay 1500 + brake + Stamp. Maybe Grant would be so kind and hook a mod up. **Cough-Free-Cough**
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    I feel your pain OP I would love to get a Surefire 762RC SOCOM. However I just dont know if I can pay 1500 + brake + Stamp. Maybe Grant would be so kind and hook a mod up. **Cough-Free-Cough**
    We do offer discounts on them sooooo.....

C4

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    While I generally would agree with what Grant said, the small sensible part of my brain has forced me to skimp. I do not have even a fraction of his experience with suppression devices, but my research led me to take a chance on SWR's innovation and growing popularity/usage. I do not doubt Surefire's reputation of quality and durable products one bit. There price, mainly, drove my decision.
    Last night, I almost purchased a 762RC-SOCOM, but I just couldn't do it. Instead, I chose the 7.62 Specwar at half of the price. For a couple hundred dollars more than the price of the 762RC-SOCOM, I will have a Rimfire, a 5.56, and a 7.62 suppressor.
    Now, the million dollar question. Did I make the wrong or a bad choice? I don't know. For the use and abuse that my NFA items will receive, I will most likely be ok....only time will tell.
    I do believe that there are particular brands and models to be avoided, and some particular brands and models are "the best".

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    We do offer discounts on them sooooo.....

C4

Well then that is a pleasant surprise. Will be in touch when I get the funds together.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

First can recommendations.

How about the Surefire SOCOM 762 Mini? I picked mine up for $1,170.00 Allen Arms Tactical in SC.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That's exactly what I was thinking when I ordered my first can. (5 months ago!!) only I ordered an AAC. Next time around I might get a SF. Mix it up a little.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kknick View Post
    How about the Surefire SOCOM 762 Mini? I picked mine up for $1,170.00 Allen Arms Tactical in SC.
    I looked at the mini's but I am just not sold on them. I want something that will do better in sound suppression. Don't get me wrong the mini is pretty cool though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

First can recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    I looked at the mini's but I am just not sold on them. I want something that will do better in sound suppression. Don't get me wrong the mini is pretty cool though.
    I have no first hand experience yet since my 762 mini and 556 SB are in transfer. I have read that it is minimal sound difference when shooting 556 through 762 you have the multi cal benefits.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have experience with the Surefire cans since our SWAT team runs them (well, at least the guys who's Colt Commando's cycle reliably with them). As much as I want a Surefire and as much as I want a titanium can, I can't justify the cost.

I pulled the trigger on a Specwar 5.56 yesterday. Form 3 (electronic form) was submitted today. Levi from Silencer Shop said the last electronic form 3 was approved in 11 business days (16 total counting one holiday). Not that bad at all!

With the SWC/SilencerCo having jut as good of a waranty as the Surefire cans, I feel confident that the it will outlive me. And $550, free shipping, no tax and a $75 transfer fee, I feel like I did pretty good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast