Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: House of Cards...Holy Crap - Watch It...

Feedback Score
    did not know there was a UK version ?

still like other shows better like justfied etc.....
    to me vikings is getting a bit to stupid sadly and they are trying IMHO to make the characters to strange

also still liking hell on wheels a lot and unless it was cancelled ? waiting for this coming season

been watching more netflix stuff recently since we cut cable last year just watched that WWI show about the 14 diaries and really enjoyed it

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The UK version is about 20 odd years old and its a miniseries as far as I can tell. PBS carried it a few months ago. I'm not sure if it's still available or not. 4 two hour episodes.

Feedback Score
    I'm about half way through season 3 right now. They blocked netflix at work so it's slow going for me

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Halfway through season 2. Great show. I find that like Dexter and Breaking Bad, it isn't healthy to watch more than 3 episodes in a row though.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Does it get better later on? I watched the first 2 episodes of season 1 and I couldn't get into it...

Feedback Score
    have to look into that thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    The UK version is about 20 odd years old and its a miniseries as far as I can tell. PBS carried it a few months ago. I'm not sure if it's still available or not. 4 two hour episodes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    Does it get better later on? I watched the first 2 episodes of season 1 and I couldn't get into it...

Yeah, it does. I wasn't really hooked until about halfway through season 1.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    hard to say everyone has dif taste ? I might say watch one more if it does not get ya lots of other great shows
    for me its the quirky way its done and the fact that I am sure how some politics really are which is actually kinda upsetting in a real way ?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Its pretty entertaining, I've seen all three seasons. Its less about actual political ideals and more about the seamy underbelly of top level politics. The main character Francis Underwood is a Democrat, but for the lack of a political agenda by the writers/producers, he could easily be a Republican.

ETA: Some of the best parts are when Frank talks directly to the viewer (you) and I normally hate that shit.

Last edited by BBossman; 03-20-15 at 12:11.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    It doesn't get "good" until several episodes in as there is a lot of character back story to go through. That being said, it does get pretty devious later on. Would recommend you continue watching.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast