Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 Gun Noob Shotgun Advice

Feedback Score
    Check out the "Heavy Metal" category in 3-gun. You are limited to an iron-sighted 12 gauge pump. Oh and you have to shoot 308 for the rifle and 45 for the pistol, all with iron-sights only!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    i'll add a vote for the Benelli M2 -- i handles everything i put in it

kjo

Feedback Score
    I run a 870 in 3-gun for two main reasons. I don't have to worry to much about a malfunction and I saved the extra money I would have spent on the auto and put it towards ammo and range fees. If you practice with the pump it is possible to run even with or get around most auto shooters. Learn how to reload fast and put each shot on target. When your skill level exceeds what a pump is able to produce then it's time to step up to the auto.

Feedback Score
    4 (75%)
    I vote for the FN SLP !! For three gun dedicated shot gun I would go with a gun holding more ammo . After your empty then its a reloading contest

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Rem 11-87

No 3 gun exper. but I have never had a problem with mine, shoots all the crap I feed it. I shot a Benelli M4 and recoil was alot worse on that. The only drawback to the 11-87 is I think it is a pain to load. Might be a cure for that though.
    none

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gishooter View Post
    No 3 gun exper. but I have never had a problem with mine, shoots all the crap I feed it. I shot a Benelli M4 and recoil was alot worse on that. The only drawback to the 11-87 is I think it is a pain to load. Might be a cure for that though.
    I have a M4 Benelli what was it worst compared to. I have shot it side by side with a Benelli M2 with the same ammo and it was a lot better. It is comparable to any gas gun because it is a gas gun.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

My rem 11-87

Alaskapopo
    I thought the recoil on the M4 was alot harder than my 11-87, the one I shot could have been worn, broke, who knows what. I shot one last time I was in Iraq so that may explain things. IMO I thought it had alot of kick for a auto and my Remy seemed easier to control on mulitiple shots. I am by no means a shotgun guru though. Hell it could have even been the ammo. M2C
    none

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm looking to add a mag extension to my Benelli M2. What is the recommended mag extension to get to give me the most rounds while sitting flush with a 18.5" barrel? Nordic claims their +3 extension will sit flush to a 18.5" barrel (giving me total 8 rounds in the mag) while DMW mag extension will give me only 7 rounds. I don't see how that is possible with the two being different by one round. Anyone use either one? Also is a barrel/mag clamp necessary?

Thank you.

Feedback Score

Extension

I have a Benelli M2 Tactical with an 18" barrel.

For 3 gun, I switch out the stock mag tube extension for a Nordic 5 shot extension and spring.

Works good. The mag tube sticks out past the barrel, but that doesn't bother me.

I loaned it to a friend who just got back from the MGM Ironman. Between practice for the match and the match itself, he shot over 550 rounds of shotgun ammo.

Prior to the Benelli, I owned and used in 3 gun a 11-87P, and a Winchester SX2 Practical.

Over time, I shot local matches with the 11-87. I wanted a better shotgun for 3 gun, so bought the SX2 and shot the 2006 USPSA Multigun Nationals with it. It was a great gun, but I sold it because I needed to finance something else.

I later regretted selling it and began looking for another 3 gun shotgun, and found a good price on the Benelli.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    so I assume the Nordic 3 shot extension will sit flush?

Edit: I just called Tim from Nordic, he said the +4 extension will give me 7 rounds in the mag tube but will extend past the barrel. He said the +3 extension gives me 6 rounds total in the mag tube. I guess if I want 7 rounds in the tube, I need to buy an extended choke to make the barrel and mag extension sit flush with each other.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast