Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10.5 LMT, 11.5 BCM BFH or Noveske build

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter37 View Post
    If its not pinned, its not an option. Thanks though. I don't want to have to mess with switching back and forth between suppressed and unsuppressed either. I don't mind the bolt not locking back when shooting unsuppressed as this rifle will probably have the can attached 95%+ time.
    If I recall, it can be pinned. The holes just need to be drilled.

All you have to do to change from suppressed to unsuppressed is slide the plate. The plate has two holes. Simply use a bullet tip to move the plate from one to the other. The beauty of the system is that you can get a plate with undersized holes and open them up until you have the gas flow for each mode just right
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    From your stated requirements, my suggestion is to build an 11.5" upper.

Get the 11.5" barrel you want and add a BRT MicroTune Gas Block.

It is a variant of of our standard MicroPin Gas Block that includes a factory installed CustomTune Gas Port.

Get the block with a .060" port, pin it to the barrel and forget about it.

This should get you a virtual clone of the "best suppressed SBR ever" with minimal hastle.

I just read that whole thread last night, it threw another monkey wrench in the works for me. Makes me want to chop a 16" with a small gas port to 10.5" or find a 10.5" with a small gas port, I don't know where I could find that though. Thank you for the link to that thread.
    Except it doesn't fit under the rail.
    If its not pinned, its not an option. Thanks though. I don't want to have to mess with switching back and forth between suppressed and unsuppressed either. I don't mind the bolt not locking back when shooting unsuppressed as this rifle will probably have the can attached 95%+ time.
    Last edited by Clint; 09-04-13 at 14:07.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123