Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Help my spend 3k+ Larue OBR or Larue PredatOBR? 7.62 battle Rifle

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    Congrats man! That's a real nice rifle. I seriously doubt you will have any regrets.
    Just my bank account. "buy once cry once", "buy once cry once"......
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Ha true, but once it's in your hands....I promise those will be tears of joy!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    In case someone stumbles upon this thread while looking for an ECC

Boltcarrier.com was where I had an order placed. I contacted him last week and he made it seem that there was an unaccounted for ECC that he ordered a couple months ago.

If anyone is looking to place an order and does not want to wait until shot show (when KAC will most likely open up commercial orders again). Give them a ring.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Its taken me a while to finnaly come around, but here I am.

When it comes to .308 gas guns, there is the SCAR and everything else. Based around the .308, you cannot beat it. It is lighter, very light recoil, ACCURATE ergonomic and proven.

Accuracy may be subjective but with good ammo they are shooting around .75MOA. That is MORE than enough for most shooters. Not many people are shooting .308 gassers anyway. Most have moved onto .260/6.5CM if they are shooting for scores or ELR.

The SR25 is nice, but its just not worth the money. I am sorry. Larue and Gap are both nice, but in .308 you really arent gaining much but alot of weight and slight accuracy. You can drop a Gieselle and a Handle defense lower and still come in around the OBR and way under the KAC.

Based around the .308, nothing really competes with it. Outside of the optics issue (cant use cheap optics on the scar), I am just finding it hard not to like.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    Its taken me a while to finnaly come around, but here I am.

When it comes to .308 gas guns, there is the SCAR and everything else. Based around the .308, you cannot beat it. It is lighter, very light recoil, ACCURATE ergonomic and proven.

Accuracy may be subjective but with good ammo they are shooting around .75MOA. That is MORE than enough for most shooters. Not many people are shooting .308 gassers anyway. Most have moved onto .260/6.5CM if they are shooting for scores or ELR.

The SR25 is nice, but its just not worth the money. I am sorry. Larue and Gap are both nice, but in .308 you really arent gaining much but alot of weight and slight accuracy. You can drop a Gieselle and a Handle defense lower and still come in around the OBR and way under the KAC.

Based around the .308, nothing really competes with it. Outside of the optics issue (cant use cheap optics on the scar), I am just finding it hard not to like.
    I was finding it hard to find! Thank you for your input. Hope life is getting back to normal on at the Naval Yard.

I feel a SCAR H, or a Colt LE901 will eventually be in my future. Coming from the M14 platform, I am used to Piston guns and would love a SCAR someday. The colt also captured my eye with being able to take one rifle case with 3 uppers to the range (7.62, 5.56 and 300 BLK).

Other than being a closet KAC fan, I was able to justify the huge price difference by hopefully achieving MOA or better accuracy and not needing to buy a GAP bolt gun that was also on my want list. Another justification was that I already have SR15 lowers and it is easier to train the wife and family to a similar platform then introduce the SCAR.

My ideal would be for Magpul to make a SCAR lower (like the Handl’s) that takes SR25 magazines….. I would jump at that soo fast.
    Last edited by domestique; 09-20-13 at 19:55. Reason: spelling

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345