Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help my spend 3k+ Larue OBR or Larue PredatOBR? 7.62 battle Rifle

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Help my spend 3k+ Larue OBR or Larue PredatOBR? 7.62 battle Rifle

Ok, I am looking for a 1 MOA 7.62 battle rifle that takes 20LR Pmags... With the lightest weight and sub 3.5k.

I already have an 18" M14 (LRB arms m25 in a sage EBR MOD 1 stock). That gun is a laser for a semi 7.62 gun with my average group around 0.7" at 100 yards ( 168 gr. Federal GMM). The problem is that gun is a PIG. Close to 12 pounds without a scope.

I would like to but a 7.62 battle rifle that is close to 1 MOA and under 10 pounds without a scope (closer to 9). The other Caveat is it has to take standard mags (Pmags).

My choices were:
    SCAR Heavy: no, can not use standard magazines.
    Colt LE901: like the concept but who knows when they are going to make more
    Larue OBR: TOO heavy?
    Larue PredatOBR: my ideal choice but not a fan of the barrel quick disconnect "suit case Gun"
    KAC: not spending 5k+
    S&W: availability? No one knows
    LMT:?

I REALLY want a Larue. Love all their products and am running out of their free pork rub they always send me.

My only hesitation with the OBR is the weight. I already have a track driving PIG in my EBR. The PredatOBR was my next choice be was unsure with the quick disconnect and overall reliability. Also a year wait doesn't bother me.

Any user reviews or suggestions?

Edit: needs to work with a suppressor.
    Last edited by domestique; 09-03-13 at 22:00.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

LMT MWS

I just went through this same dilemma. Check out the beyond 5.56 forum and search. The end result was to choose the LMT. Extremely high quality, battle tested, and very accurate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

here you go

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for the link.

Have you gotten the LMT or have any idea in their lead time?

Larue just unofficially quoted me 1.5 years (they are just starting on March 2012 orders).
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Yes

I got the LMT. Look on Gunbroker or other sites. They are out there.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Since the SCAR 17 won't work cuz you want PMAGs, I'd say LMT.

It came down to the MWS and the SCAR 17 for me, and not having another platform in 308, the mags weren't a big deal for me, so I went with the 17. I haven't wrung it out for uber accuracy, but its shown capable of 1 MOA with the right ammo.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You say that you discount the SCAR 17 since it won't accept standard magazines...have you thought about a SCAR 17 along with a lower from either Cavalry Manufacturing or Handl Defense? Since the upper is the serialized part, not the lower, that can be shipped to you with no issues.

I ask because a good friend has a 17 that is set up with the Handl lower, and the Giesselle Super SCAR trigger. It is honestly pretty amazing, and I find myself wanting one badly.

The issue you may have to worry on with LaRue is availability...they are somewhat hard to lay hands on, and I know there has been a wait time issue as of late with them bringing barrel production in house.

If I was not able to get a SCAR 17 and the replacement lower, I would take a long and hard look at the LMT. That being said, for my cash, the SCAR is how I would go (and likely will)

Feedback Score
    In Stock:
    https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sh...roduct_id=3594

I am currently 6weeks into a 12-16 week wait for a JP LRP 07, depending on configuration you can get under 3.5k.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for all the replies. The LMT is VERY tempting, but not thrilled on its weight.

I think at this point based on my needs (16" Battle rifle, 1 MOA accuracy, less than 9.5 pounds unloaded, takes standardized magazines SR25/PMAGs)

1. KAC SR25 ECC
    2. Colt LE901 (accuracy reports have been great, would love to SBR it and run all my AR uppers... not to mention the cheapest)
    3. SCAR 17 (Handl lower which will take Pmags
    4. Larue PredatOBR (not a fan of the "suitcase" quick release)

Currently I'm on a wait list for a Colt LE901, Larue PedatOBR and a SCAR 17. I would take any one of these three and whichever one comes in will be the one I will most likely buy. I REALLY want the KAC (have some SR15 lowers and love them) but will have to save some more to swing it.

Feedback Score
    Wait till the 308 Tavor is put on the market.
    Last edited by SteveS; 09-19-13 at 19:56.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast