Thread: Sig 556/552 SBR and FN PS90 SBR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sig 556/552 SBR and FN PS90 SBR

Form-1s signed by CLEO, I'll be sending them off in the mail tomorrow. I cannot wait!
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Your sig 551/556 already looked badass. Are you customizing it further or are you starting with a fresh Sig?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My current 556 is going to get the mods. I have one more 551 lower sitting in the safe waiting for a 556 to wear it; just have to pick up another 556. That next 556 will probably also get mod'd with a steel picatinney rail rosette welded to the receiver, but I'll keep it title-1.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This thread is useless withtout pics!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    This thread is useless withtout pics!!
    No pics until forms approved and guns back from gunsmith. They will be posted. I cannot wait to have the 552!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Waiting to get fingerprinted and good old fashioned procrastination......I finally sent my paperwork for the 556-to-552 conversion today. Only two months after getting my form-1 signed. This project is going to cost me a very pretty penny, so I'm waiting to send off the paperwork (and another $200) until after I pay for this one.

I'll post a few pics of my receiver all stripped down prior to sending everything to Frank at AMA.

Edited to add pics..............

All the parts to be boxed up:

Details of the Gemtech/SPG Tech M4 buttstock adapter. Will eventually put a UBR on it.

And the five like new twenty-round mags I recently picked up:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Check cashed today! The wait begins.

Feedback Score
    Josh,

FWIW my last Form 1, which arrived last Wednesday, took 7 weeks door to door. 7 weeks has been the longest duration that I have had to wait with 30 days being the shortest.

I can't wait to see the finished 552!

Cheers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyhoohaw View Post
    Josh,

FWIW my last Form 1, which arrived last Wednesday, took 7 weeks door to door. 7 weeks has been the longest duration that I have had to wait with 30 days being the shortest.

I can't wait to see the finished 552!

Cheers

Thanks! I am really excited about this SBR.

Man, my first two form-4s (sent in at the same time) took approximately SIX MONTHS to be approved. This was back when NFA Branch was in DC. The examiner lost my forms and constantly made excuses, initially stating that the forms were never received. I had signature confirmation and also a copy of my cashed check. I think it took something like four months just to have my forms go pending.

My fastest approval was a form-4 for an LLC......23 days. And this was while NFA was in DC! That is the only corporate entity transfer I've done. My last form-1 took alomst exactly a month from the time I sent in the paperwork.

Feedback Score
    Apparently the NFA branch in West Virginia had some employee turn-over which is the reson for the longer processing time. Even so, 7 weeks sounds a whole lot better than 6 months!

Cheers