Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DPMS 308 , quadrail ??

Feedback Score

Question DPMS 308 , quadrail ??

Got a Dpms ,ap-4 ... it has a 7" free floating handguard. Is there any other options with a quadrail that can fit ? well any other under $100 , i have seen a few from dpms and others but they are pretty expencive..thanks

Feedback Score
    I think you may be on the wrong web site. Its not worth replacing unless you want to do something better. better is going to cost more. "Less than $100" isn't going to get you anything worth having.

Keep saving until you can get into the $200-$300 range.

Figure out if your receiver is the DPMS high or low profile rail, and then buy accordingly. Apex gatorgrip, Troy, Samson, or JP will all fit your need.

Don't cheap out.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I think you may be on the wrong web site. Its not worth replacing unless you want to do something better. better is going to cost more. "Less than $100" isn't going to get you anything worth having.

Keep saving until you can get into the $200-$300 range.

Figure out if your receiver is the DPMS high or low profile rail, and then buy accordingly. Apex gatorgrip, Troy, Samson, or JP will all fit your need.

Don't cheap out.
    i see what your saying but , man $200-$300 for a quadrail ...all i want is a rail to add a Troy front grip...well even if i did get an expencive rail , i do notice most gas blocks are for 223/556 will these work or do they have to be 308 specific ? and thanks for the reply

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    DPMS 308, Troy front grip? I don't like where this thread is going.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Re: DPMS 308 , quadrail ??

I highly recommend spending more for a quality handguard. Better to save up for a better piece than hastily buy something cheap.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You could put on Magpul MOE hand guards and the MVG. You'd probably have to buy and install the delta ring/springs and hand guard cap though. And I've seen/heard different things regarding whether or not they'll need to have some fitting done...either way it fits your budget.

Carbine length MOE=$30
    .308 barrel nut=$20
    Delta ring kit=$17
    Handguard cap=$4
    MVG=$20

Total=$91+tools or labor.

If you want or need a rail system, then you really need to be spending the amount that the other posters have mentioned. I'd personally recommend that you try dumping the vertical grip, I've all but gone away from them, particularly with the advent of longer rails and better light mounting solutions
    Last edited by thopkins22; 09-08-13 at 14:41.

Feedback Score
    I have tried a few front grips and I just really like the "troy" one... I really don’t need it but just want it...the dpms 308 that I have is not the most expensive 308 out there, I know this. I don’t plan on shooting 10,000 rounds a year while preparing for a zombie invasion. I bought my dpms years ago and did not have all the choices that are out now , I think the only companies making a 308 in AR platform at the time were Armalite and dpms.... thanks for all the suggestions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by operator1391 View Post
    I have tried a few front grips and I just really like the "troy" one... I really don’t need it but just want it...the dpms 308 that I have is not the most expensive 308 out there, I know this. I don’t plan on shooting 10,000 rounds a year while preparing for a zombie invasion. I bought my dpms years ago and did not have all the choices that are out now , I think the only companies making a 308 in AR platform at the time were Armalite and dpms.... thanks for all the suggestions
    There were lots of companies making .308 platforms a year ago...

- KAC
    - Larue
    - Mega
    - LMT
    - Black Rain
    - GAP
    - Fulton
    and more

A lot of those were probably out of your price range, but that's OK. What you have isn't terrible, and can actually run quite well with quality parts. But you have to get quality parts.

What we are saying to spend for a QUALITY hand guard is not very much in the grand scheme of hand guards. If I'm not mistaken, the AP4 also has a full front sight post, so you have to contend with that. Either cut it down (search for it on this site), or deal with the length restrictions it poses. Either way, you are in for some work.

My honest assessment is to just shoot the damn thing the way it is. If you want it to do something else, buy a stripped DPMS upper and start a new upper configuration from scratch.

The .308 game is expensive, no way around it. If you want to play legos and barbie for men, then you would be better off investing in the .223 platform instead.
    Last edited by BrigandTwoFour; 09-08-13 at 20:26.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    There were lots of companies making .308 platforms a year ago...

- KAC
    - Larue
    - Mega
    - LMT
    - Black Rain
    - GAP
    - Fulton
    and more

A lot of those were probably out of your price range, but that's OK. What you have isn't terrible, and can actually run quite well with quality parts. But you have to get quality parts.

What we are saying to spend for a QUALITY hand guard is not very much in the grand scheme of hand guards. If I'm not mistaken, the AP4 also has a full front sight post, so you have to contend with that. Either cut it down (search for it on this site), or deal with the length restrictions it poses. Either way, you are in for some work.

My honest assessment is to just shoot the damn thing the way it is. If you want it to do something else, buy a stripped DPMS upper and start a new upper configuration from scratch.

The .308 game is expensive, no way around it. If you want to play legos and barbie for men, then you would be better off investing in the .223 platform instead.
    it was later than that, more like 2006 or so... i actually do have a 223 too LOL... buy yea you are right it is an expensive hobbie. thanks i do appriciate everyones advice

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

post some pics

Post some pics of your rifles. Maybe that will help us help you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast