Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Piston uppers ??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    Their guy told me (after I sent it to you in Florida) he would put a Shaw barrel back in it that wasn't messed up and have it back out to me while it was still in VA.

I could have opted for a CHF barrel and waited til they ramped up after the move, but I chose not to to get the gun back in a timely manner. If that couldn't happen, I at least wish they had contacted me.
    Brother,

I know you're pissed about your purchase, but I really don't think this is the place for this. They've had your gun back for less than a week and a half. If the gun is on Andy's desk to be shipped back as Darren said that would put you at about a 2-2.5 week turnaround from a company that is packed up in boxes right now and swamped with a 2000 gun backlog. I realize that their problems should not be your problem, but jeebus!

Stephen

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    And now back on topic...

Grant is dead on. I really like the piston uppers but they are more "jerky" if I can say that. More, albeit slight, recoil. I use thier 10.5" in an M16 and often with an AAC M4-200 can.

WAY EASY TO CLEAN! I mean I am anal about this from my Army days. If I go canless, not much maint/cleaning at all. Your just wiping down.

I have an ARES gen 3 conversion on a 14.5" and that functions pretty well, just not overly pleased with handguards/options there.

In short - been very reliable(no issues yet, KOW) and did I mention very easy to clean.

Brian

Feedback Score
    Hope things get straightened out with your rifle M4Guru.

Feedback Score
    M4 Guru, sadly I know of quite a few people that have similer experience with their LWRC. I would really like to hear the barrel makers side of the story. I have heard from a number of people in the industry, many who are or were suppliers of LWRC. Lets just say I am not convinced the issue was the barrel maker.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I do love the notion of adding a bunch of extra parts (springs, pistons, guide, adapters, and mounts to hold the adapters) to replace a stainless tube. And not one of the dozens of designs has proven to be "IT".
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

good stuff

500 rnds after install and still no muss or fuss with my Ares. the FA BC they use cuts the jerky out too. I'de recomend it to anyone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    I do love the notion of adding a bunch of extra parts (springs, pistons, guide, adapters, and mounts to hold the adapters) to replace a stainless tube. And not one of the dozens of designs has proven to be "IT".
    I used to think the same thing, then was introduced the PWS Piston System http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/pro...1&productId=48

We installed the systems and ran them on full auto (many, many mags), suppressed and unsuppressed and it has yet to malfunction.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My LWRC has been flawless. I like that the piston system is self-regulated.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    I just replaced my malfunctioning POF with a Bushmaster DI. I have heard both good and bad from others about the piston guns.

I haven't given up on the idea, but I know how to keep a DI running after years of abuse but not a piston system... yet.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    My 2 LWRC's have been flawless as well as my BM/POF. I would not go back to any DI system; especially the Colt!
    "The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."
    - Patrick Henry

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=26775
    My feedback page.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast