Thread: Piston uppers ??

Feedback Score
    I love my POF 415, it has been awesome.
    4%'er

“I'm the weapon, this is just a tool"
    -Michael Wilson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorybigs View Post
    I used to think the same thing, then was introduced the PWS Piston System http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/pro...1&productId=48

We installed the systems and ran them on full auto (many, many mags), suppressed and unsuppressed and it has yet to malfunction.
    the shop PWS guns are all running like raped apes.....and we dont baby them. we take them out every time with a case of ammo and ill intentioned hearts. try as we may, we cannot break them, or get them to choke.

my own personal PWS sbr is flawless also.

this is a pic i took of ron attempting to beat the PWS into submission with FA mag dumps.

i DONT work for henderson defense, but Ron DOES allow me to try to break all of his product....which is always fun, cause he brings the ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorybigs View Post
    I used to think the same thing, then was introduced the PWS Piston System http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/pro...1&productId=48

We installed the systems and ran them on full auto (many, many mags), suppressed and unsuppressed and it has yet to malfunction.
    Been reading about PWS Piston System and I'm contemplating it were I to do so. But since I don't have/do FA|Suppressed|SBR. . .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been happy with my 10.5-inch LWRC upper. The only issues I've ever had is an FTE whenever I run it dry (I've been spoiled by my Glocks ). In fact, I'm trying to figure out just how I can take one with me for use at the sandbox if I do mobilize next year (which i the curret plan). YMMV.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score

the piston upper should really shine in SBR

the piston uppers should work well with the short barrels and can solve some port and dwell time problems.

i am thinking about building a one off piston upper in 7.62x39 just for the hell of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Piston guns really shine in the following areas:

1. FA
    2. SBR
    3. Suppressed

If you are not doing any of those three things, then buy an AR with a middy gas system as these are VERY reliable.

If you are set on a piston, wait for the new ACR to come out.

C4
    +1

and yes try a middy mine has not let me down yet.. never had a prob once and I have had it about 6 months now and have put about 3000 rounds on it.. and it feels smoother then a Car gas system.

Feedback Score
    Waiting on my LMT piston...ordered/paid first of Feb so should be here next week or so...we'll see. I'm really curious that since LMT is supposedly releasing it (or shipping the end of the month), why I haven't seen it in the gun magazines? Usually, manufacturers show their 'new releases' a couple months early in the magazines to get the publics fervor up if you know what I mean...

Just curious. I would think that they have really been wringing out any and all bugs that might have cropped up as they supposedly have been testing this for over a year, more likely two years!!!

Feedback Score
    Grant, you say"wait for the new ACR to come out"

I hate to sound stupid, but what does this mean?

Feedback Score
    Maybe he means the MagPul Masada aka Bushmaster 'ACR'?
    "In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where we can see them."

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BushmasterSOH View Post
    Grant, you say"wait for the new ACR to come out"

I hate to sound stupid, but what does this mean?

The Magpul/BM ACR.

C4

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast