Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crye Combat Uniforms

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Hey guys,
    just to update, I have some G3 combat uniforms on the way currently. As soon as they get here and I try them on, I'll write up a review.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002zo6 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. So would you recommend the Field AC pants over the Vertx for their overall fitment and quality? I have been reading that Vertx have issues with their sizes. Do the Field AC's wash well or do they fade? Again, thanks for the assistance, with the cost of CRYE pants any advise is greatly appreciated.
    The Vertx pants seem to be very well built and wear nicely once you get the sizing figured out. Seems the general consensus is the sizing in the waist runs small. The Crye pants I have in Sand and Ranger green and a pair in Multicam have all been washed many times and are holding up very well. With most of my pants I try and not run them through the dryer too much. this helps with longevity. I only have one pair in the G3 field model, most of them that I own are the AC version. The Crye pants are definitely more expensive but for me they fit very well and are extremely comfortable. I would invest in a pair and give them a try.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jknopp44 View Post
    The Vertx pants seem to be very well built and wear nicely once you get the sizing figured out. Seems the general consensus is the sizing in the waist runs small. The Crye pants I have in Sand and Ranger green and a pair in Multicam have all been washed many times and are holding up very well. With most of my pants I try and not run them through the dryer too much. this helps with longevity. I only have one pair in the G3 field model, most of them that I own are the AC version. The Crye pants are definitely more expensive but for me they fit very well and are extremely comfortable. I would invest in a pair and give them a try.
    Thanks, I think that I will do that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I second OPTactical on Crye stuff..........GSS Gear here in SE Virginia stocks all the Crye clothing, mostly AC pattern.

I prefer the Beyond Tactical brand of Combat clothing.....mainly because they custom make it to your specs.............yeah it take a bit longer but the last order I sent in only took 4 weeks and I had two sets of Combats, one in Multicam and the other in Desert Tan and they fit perfect.

Beyond also has the SOCOM contract to build uniforms for people outside of the standard sizes......................so their uniforms are SOCOM standard combat uniforms............after a near disaster trying to find FR Drifire Uniforms that fit me........Beyond was a godsend.

Check them out if the Crye's don't do anything for you...(Gen 3 Cryes are very nice though).

Hopefully they will not turn to crap now that 5.11 bought them............
    Your Helmet Will Not Protect You If You Are a Dumb Ass!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey troops, quick question to owners for the Crye G3, so I had to send my back and get a smaller waist size, no big deal Crye CS was "good to go" however in picking a replacement size, I wanted to get some "feedback" on the length of the inseam? so I usually take a 32" inseam which seems to be OK across the board, however that seemed a little long on the G3, can anyone who uses or ordered the "short" version give me an idea of the length? Crye gives you an "average" on the website? so "short" is 26.5 to 29.5? Did any owners find that it was on the "shorter" side? Thanks

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    I'm a 31x32 and wear 32R in Crye fancy pants.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cctroupe11 View Post
    Hey guys, I've looked around trying to find a good deal on some Crye G3 Combat Uniforms, but I have not been able to locate anywhere with any for under the normal ~$200 price.

I was just checking to see if any of you gurus knew of a secret place with some Crye Combat Uniforms for a better price than most...

Heck, maybe even the AC's. Looking for multicam.

Thanks!

FWIW: I wear Small/Regular top and 32R bottom.
    Check out Ebay... you'd be surprised at what is sold on there. You wont get them for super cheap but you may find some that are in good condition for 25-40% off. I sold a set here a few years ago but if I didn't get any takers I was going to put them up on Ebay myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDCI View Post
    Hopefully they will not turn to crap now that 5.11 bought them............
    Who did 5.11 Buy? Beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Hey troops, quick question to owners for the Crye G3, so I had to send my back and get a smaller waist size, no big deal Crye CS was "good to go" however in picking a replacement size, I wanted to get some "feedback" on the length of the inseam? so I usually take a 32" inseam which seems to be OK across the board, however that seemed a little long on the G3, can anyone who uses or ordered the "short" version give me an idea of the length? Crye gives you an "average" on the website? so "short" is 26.5 to 29.5? Did any owners find that it was on the "shorter" side? Thanks
    I wear Med Reg ACUs/BDUs and my 32 Reg pants were a little short; the sew shop lady just took the hem/seam (I'm not sure which term is correct.. but she made them a few inches longer) and they fit perfect.

Just my opinion if I was in the market; the issued Patagonia Combat Pants are very, very nice but I had Crye previously and still like those slightly better (pocket lay out, fly, knee pad system and crotch area mostly). If I was going to pay out of pocket for a pair of expensive combat pants, they would be Crye.
    Last edited by norbis; 11-04-15 at 19:23.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    5.11 has owned Beyond for quite some time now

Feedback Score
    SpartanDCI...you in the Va Beach area?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I saved a ton of money on british MTP trousers and combat shirts, its close enough to multicam that most people cant tell the difference, and the shirt has the best cut and fit of any of the combat shirts Ive tried. It doesnt smell like cat piss like the massif shirts the Army uses either.

Heres a couple pics of issue Army OCP and British MTP together so you can get an idea how it compares. The second pic has the SKD pants on the left, OCP bug/fire pants in the middle, and MTP on the right.

Last edited by Turnkey11; 11-08-15 at 18:07. Reason: *pictures

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast