Thread: Trigger Questions -WASR's

Feedback Score

Trigger Questions -WASR's

How can I tell what type of trigger my Century Yugo has? I like the tapco G2 trigger that came in my Romanian Century, but I don't know if I need a single hook or double hook trigger for the Yugo. Is there a method of finding out?

What exactly is the difference between the two anyway? Is the double hook an improvement? Why?

If, in fact a double hook is better than a single hook, and the Yugo has a single hook trigger right now, can I upgrade to a double? It looks like I could, cause the receiver has two 'notches' by the trigger.

Basically I have know idea about these triggers, or what is better about them, but I know I have a Romanian Century WASR that has a much better trigger pull. It only has one notch on the receiver, making me believe it is a 'single hook' and on the side of the trigger it says "Tapco G2"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    How can I tell what type of trigger my Century Yugo has? I like the tapco G2 trigger that came in my Romanian Century, but I don't know if I need a single hook or double hook trigger for the Yugo. Is there a method of finding out?

Look at the top of the magwell if it looks like a stock Glock rear sight its a double hook.

What exactly is the difference between the two anyway? Is the double hook an improvement? Why?

The double hood is the older style.

If, in fact a double hook is better than a single hook, and the Yugo has a single hook trigger right now, can I upgrade to a double? It looks like I could, cause the receiver has two 'notches' by the trigger.

Basically I have know idea about these triggers, or what is better about them, but I know I have a Romanian Century WASR that has a much better trigger pull. It only has one notch on the receiver, making me believe it is a 'single hook' and on the side of the trigger it says "Tapco G2"

See above
    Im Shihan of Shihan Gear.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    The double hood is the older style.

Is that better? or is the single hook an improved design?

I was talking about the cuts in the receiver near where the trigger comes out, where are you talking about? The magwell just looks like a almost rectangular hole..

Pic of Yugo near trigger...

Pic of Romy near trigger...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    There is no advantage or disadvantage with a single or double hook - some rifles just take one kind, some the other.

Don't become preoccupied with inconsequential increments.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    There is no advantage or disadvantage with a single or double hook - some rifles just take one kind, some the other.

Don't become preoccupied with inconsequential increments.

well that answers whether one is better or not, and thank you.

It, however, still leaves me wondering which one I need for the rifle I'd like to upgrade.

Let me clarify..

I don't like the no name trigger that is in my Yugo.
    I want to replace it.
    Do I need a single hook or double hook trigger, and how do I determine that.

Shihan mentioned that I should look at the magwell for something shaped like a rear sight, but I can't really figure out what he means. Seems like I should be looking at the trigger, not the magwell.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    well that answers whether one is better or not, and thank you.

It, however, still leaves me wondering which one I need for the rifle I'd like to upgrade.

Let me clarify..

I don't like the no name trigger that is in my Yugo.
    I want to replace it.
    Do I need a single hook or double hook trigger, and how do I determine that.

Shihan mentioned that I should look at the magwell for something shaped like a rear sight, but I can't really figure out what he means. Seems like I should be looking at the trigger, not the magwell.

The Yugo is a double hook and the Rommy is a single hook.

Earlier I mistyped and ment front of trigger on reciever not magwell, sorry if I was confusing. Damn pain pills.

FYI you can use a single hook on a double hook reciever but not the other way around.
    Im Shihan of Shihan Gear.

Feedback Score
    perfect! thanks for clarifying!