Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: ALL Caracal “C” Pistols Permanently Recalled – No Fix Available

Feedback Score

BREAKING: ALL Caracal “C” Pistols Permanently Recalled – No Fix Available

Another one bites the dust. I had high hopes for them and even entertained the idea of obtaining the C model. Sad to hear that another firearm manufacturer is letting quality slip, but in Caracal's situation, there is no fix, so a mass recall and full refund is in order.

BREAKING: ALL Caracal “C” Pistols Permanently Recalled – No Fix Available.

This is the third recall of a major line of pistols in less than a month’s period.

Both Smith and Wesson’s M&P Shield and Springfield’s XDS pistols were recalled in recent weeks.

Now Caracal has announced a FULL recall of all Caracal “C” model pistols.

According to the company, there is no fix available for this issue and all pistols are to be returned for a full refund.

Here is a copy of the press release from the company. You can click here to read the PDF issued by the company.

UPDATE
    Caracal Model C Pistol Product Safety Warning and Recall Notice

Caracal International LLC previously instituted a recall of Caracal Model C pistols on March 28, 2013 for batchnumbers from SC188- to SC222.

Caracal is now issuing this recall of all Model C pistols in all markets, following the completion of a full investigation. Caracal is initiating this voluntary recall of Model C pistols because the safety of its customers is paramount.

This recall affects all Model C pistols, including but not limited to those with serial numbers which start with the following letters: HM, AA, AD, AG, CA, CB, CC, CD, CE, CF, CG, CH, CI, CJ, CK, CL, CM, CN, CP, CR and CS.

If you own or have access to a Caracal Model C pistol, PLEASE DO NOT LOAD OR FIRE YOUR PISTOL. Please contact Caracal customer care immediately to arrange to have your Model C pistol returned. Caracal will provide you with a full refund of the purchase price of your Caracal Model C pistol or vouchers for other Caracal products.

Unfortunately, the potential safety issues cannot be addressed through a repair of the Model C pistol and all Model C pistols must be returned for refund.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Wow!, that's pretty surprising.
    May you be in heaven at least an hour before the devil knows your dead.

Feedback Score
    Don't mess with the latest, greatest new firearm is always good advice. More have problems than don't - "teething issues" too common.

Feedback Score
    That was one handgun I was interested in, what a shame.
    Custom pimp my Orange County Overhauled American Sons of Enhanced M4gery Game Changa Neva Been Done Befo piston driven Tactikul Desert Carbean with its own mags

Feedback Score
    The market is already flooded with enough quality polymer pistols, we don't need Caracal pistols if you ask me...
    The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord. -Proverbs 21:31

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FAB45 View Post
    The market is already flooded with enough quality polymer pistols, we don't need Caracal pistols if you ask me...
    Competition in the market is usually a good thing.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Wow, interesting!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That's gotta hurt. I don't see how you survive that as a company.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DanjojoUSMC View Post
    Don't mess with the latest, greatest new firearm is always good advice. More have problems than don't - "teething issues" too common.
    Agreed.

I normally give a new kid on the block 2+ years, for others to serve as beta testers, before I make a decision. It seems that a new trigger and or a redesign of the drop safety is in order. The appeal with these weapons, according to the buzz, was the smooth 1911esk trigger 'feel', but the potential of the pistol firing when dropped, and not technically savvy enough to fix it, will probably tank the company, or at a minimum, the demise of this series if they can't re-engineer this flaw.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Competition in the market is usually a good thing.
    I agree.
    John

If you spend much time around the guys who really, really know their craft, and who truly live this stuff, you tend to find that they are very soft-spoken and modest -- almost to the extreme. To my mind, that is a model worthy of emulation

AC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast