Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much does your precision AR weigh?

Feedback Score
    I have no way to weigh mine accurately, but it falls somewhere between 8.5 lbs to 9.5 lbs unloaded. It is a 16" BCM SS410 barrel with a VTAC Alpha 13" tube, an ADM recon mount, and a Viper PST 1-4x capped scope.

Feedback Score
    my dmr 308 is just under 15, unloaded.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My 16" HCS Recce (URX 3.1 13.5") with Leupold Mk6 on LT135 tips the scales just over 10lb with the DBAL, X300, and empty magazine.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    14.5" Noveske Afghan Gen II Lower.

11.5 pounds unloaded and unsuppressed.

By far my favorite AR.
    Scoby

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in “On Crimes and Punishment”, 1764

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks everyone for your input. And pics of your rifles help us see what we're talking about!
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

10 lbs, 5 oz. as is shown with empty magazine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    20" Lothar-Walther HBar profile barrel, VLTOR MUR upper receiver, PRI carbon fiber free float tube, UBR stock, Leupold Mk IV 10x with empty mag, no sling- 10 lbs 12 oz

When the sling is attached, it adds almost a half pound
    Last edited by MistWolf; 10-10-13 at 01:00.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Let's see, I guess I would consider my rifles I list below SPR's.... But can be configured for many roles. I will post a reply with the exact weights soon. Right now I know right around what they weigh.

My Daniel Defense DDM4 (my MOD) weighs just at 8.5lbs in the configuration you see below with Aimpoint micro T-1.

Couple of specs on my modified DDM4. 8.5lbs =
    - Daniel Defense OmegaX 12.0 rail system.
    - FailZero Nickle Boron FA BCG.
    - BattleComp 1.0
    - Spikes Tactical TS-T2 heavy buffer.
    - Geissele SSA-E trigger system.
    - Aimpoint Micro T-1 (2 MOA dot) on a ADM QD micro mount.
    - MagPul BAD lever.
    - Troy BUIS.
    - LaRue APEG grip.
    - MagPul AFG2.
    - VLTOR iMOD buttstock. (Now back to running a MagPul CTR).
    - Streamlight TLR1s weapon light.
    .....etc.

My Black Rain Ordnance 15 is just a bit heavier than my DD which weighs in at just over 9Lbs in its current config with Aimpoint micro T-1.

Couple of spec on my BRO. just over 9Lbs =
    - 12in BRO rail system. (A bit heavy. I may switch to a Geissele or Noveske key mod system in the future).
    - BRO NiB FA BCG.
    - JP Enterprises Silent captured buffer spring system.
    - BattleComp 1.0
    - Geissele Super Tricon Trigger system.
    - Phase 5 Tactical bolt catch.
    - Aimpoint Micro T-1 (2 MOA dot) on a ADM QD micro mount.
    - Troy BUIS.
    - LaRue APEG grip.
    - MagPul AFG2.
    - MagPul CTR buttstock with enhanced buttpad.
    - SureFire x300 Ultra weapons light.
    ...etc.

NOW to my 308 system which is a LMT 308 MWS. SPR? Depends on mission and config but here it is. I have 2 barrels for this rifle which are the 16in and a 20in chrome lined barrels. The weight obviously changes a bit after a barrel swap but I am going off of my 20in barrel config which I have weighed before with the below accessories and mods installed on it weighed in at 14.5lbs... A bit heavy but not to bad in my mind for a 20in heavy barrel 308 precision rifle system.

Couple of specs on My LMT308MWS (how I weighed it) 14.5lbs =
    - Obvious LMT MWS system.
    - 20in LMT chrome lined barrel, 20in barrel obviously adds some weight compared to the 16in.
    - PWS PRC muzzle brake.
    - Geissele Super Tricon Trigger system.
    - LMT SOPMOD buttstock.
    - H3 heavy buffer.
    - MagPul MIAD grip.
    - TangoDown stubby front vertical battle grip with ADM QD mount built in. (Not the MagPul MOE you see in pic below).
    - Troy BUIS.
    - Harris BRM-S bipod with a ADM QD mount.
    - Scope mount used is a ADM recon-20moa QD mount.
    - Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 reticle scope.
    - Mag used in weighing was a MagPul 20lr.

(Actually weighed it with my old Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10x56 TR22R scope as well) both scopes were pretty close in weight. NOW I have not weighed it with my NightForce NXS 5.5-22x50 on it or a light Aimpoint micro but Obviously different optics are going to add and subtract weight.

These are some older misc pics of my LMT MWS in different configurations. The top picture is the config I weighed it with but with my Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP scope mounted instead of my NightForce NXS 5.5-22x50 scope as seen in the pic =

My LMT308MWS in a 16in barrel config. This is actually how it looks now but it's a work in progress since I'm waiting on a MagPul UBR buttstock and New heavy buffer and spring to make it work. In this config with a lite weight VLTOR iMOD buttstock which is temporary and 16in barrel with PWS FSC30 brake the rifle weighs in at 13lbs.

Alright now that you have me really curious I am going to weigh these 3 rifles again and get a more precise weight and will update with my findings.
    I have Modified these rifle systems so much that the weights could be off a bit so now that I have them pretty much complete with the exception of my LMT308MWS (waiting to install the UBR stock..etc) I can get a finished weight.

Thanks, and sorry if I rambled on with this long post but I didn't have nothing better to do this morning

I like this thread though especially seeing pics.
    God bless our troops.

Don't care to list but I feel I need something down here.

Rifle systems =
    Daniel Defense DDM4 V4 (RS MOD).
    LWRC M6A2 SPR.
    LMT308MWS
    Remington 700P LTR (GAP mods).

Feedback Score
    13.5 pounds of National Match AR15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My Black Rain .308 as it sits now 7.134 lbs.
    Black Rain Ordnance matched upper/lower
    16" Rainier Arms Ultra-Match Barrel
    Geissele SD-3G trigger
    JP complete Low Mass Bolt Carrier Group
    JP silent captured spring
    Seekins adjustable gas block
    Troy TRX-308 handguard
    Noveske end plate with flush cup hole
    Surefire brake
    VLTOR BCM gunfighter medium latch charging handle
    Magpul STR (going black)
    Phase 5 tactical bolt release lever style
    Hogue Grip
    Will be adding a Aimpoint T-1 or MEOPTA Z-D w/ LaRue SPR-E (currently on my service rifle), Harris S-BRM & Pod Lock w/LaRue QD, YHM Phantom FH, Fortis 12" rail when they come out, BCM Mod 3, Troy HK BUIS set, KNS Pins Gen 2, Ergo grip. I will also be changing the colors to something like the added picture, I want it a little darker on the Burnt Bronze though. I have all of these parts ready to go on, just have to get back state side at the end of the month and get it completed. (currently in AFG) I think that is it, can't remember it all right now. When I get it completed, I will post back up with final numbers.

Last edited by TACTICAL45; 10-17-13 at 07:22.
    CHECK YOUR SIX!!!

Certified GLOCK ARMORER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast