Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1911 slide catch

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My first guess would be mags (specifically the followers) but it's hard to believe you have that many mags with bad followers. The lug where the follower pushes the slide stop up into the locked position might be a little out of spec. Try another slide stop, if the problem goes away - there's your answer.

If it is the followers, I've had great luck with the flat, 7-round Metalform and Checkmate followers.
    "Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?"

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure if it will solve your problem, but you could try 10-8 Performance's slide release. 10-8's mag catch is a small improvement and their sights are a noticeable improvement, but their slide release is outstanding. It gives my stubby fingers or thumb enough of a ledge to find reliably under stress and enough purchase to drop the slide easily with a single stroke, but doesn't stick out too far. Mine didn't need fitting to my Springfield TRP but as is often the case with 1911s, it's not necessarily a drop-in part.
    When life gives you lemons, insert copper and zinc wires in them and repeatedly shock your tongue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12