Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best 20ga. HD ammo

Feedback Score
    Buckshot loads from manuals patterned well enough in my 20ga for deer at 30y. Federal or Winchester 2.75" hull with a SP20 wad and 12 pellets of #1 buckshot @ 1275fps.

But yeah, a FC wad would be interesting for sure. I wish more companies would make their shotgun hulls available like new brass. I'd buy tens of thousands of Remington STS hulls if I could just buy them brand new.
    Last edited by Raven Armament; 09-14-13 at 20:27.
    I'm an FFL/gunsmith, not the holster company. We specialize in subsonic ammunition and wholesale rifles.

Feedback Score
    Rio makes a #1 buck 20 ga load in a 25 round box-this is a relatively new round and I haven't tried it yet and it is cheap.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produc...gauge-buckshot

Just a side note-my son has a "youth" 870 20 ga and it kicks MORE with the Remington #3 buck load than a low recoil 12 ga. out of a full sized 870. FYI

Feedback Score
    Light guns kick more for sure. I've owned a youth 20ga 870 before and it can be a nasty little bugger. I would like to get another one but swap the stock out for the normal length. That little 21" barrel would be a great grouse gun for where I hunt.
    I'm an FFL/gunsmith, not the holster company. We specialize in subsonic ammunition and wholesale rifles.

Feedback Score
    Have to try some hot loads with her for sure to see how she handles them. She is 5'2" so the LOP/feel on the Bantam was better for her. The 500 was my first gun. Dad gave it to me @ 11yr. old as a deer/turkey combo. I got good use out of it until i out grew the LOP.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12