Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Okay, Let's Settle This Once and for All :D

Feedback Score

Okay, Let's Settle This Once and for All :D

Reading people's gripes on various handguns can get downright depressing.

Glocks: used to be 100,000% reliable (maybe), but sure aren't now
    M & P: used to have a bunch of rusting, accuracy, and whatever problems but are GTG now (maybe)
    1911: Nuff Said
    H & K: Good but everything about them costs an arm and a leg, and oh, don't even think about spare parts
    XD: Induces projectile vomiting in some users

What's a person to do?

I'm a Glock man. I've owned many different Glocks over the years, and now I have two Gen 3 17's that seem trustworthy. Would I buy another Glock? NO.

My trusted sidearm: S & W J-Frame 642.

And that is the sad state of reality.

Or is it?

What say you?

Feedback Score
    I pretty much agree with what you are saying. I'm considering biting the bullet and getting a HK45C and calling it done.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    awesome gun but limited light capabilities. I just wish surefire or inforce would come up with a plate to fight this gun and it would be perfect...

Quote Originally Posted by jhs1969 View Post
    I pretty much agree with what you are saying. I'm considering biting the bullet and getting a HK45C and calling it done.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You forgot Beretta

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    While I strongly heed the info presented here, I take 1st hand observations over those as the majority of my viewpoint.

I do find it funny because this happens with a lot of industries. All the cool kids are clamoring for Sigs from the 80's and 2nd gen Glocks.

Also:Gun hipsters! Buy PPQ's now while people are raving over them. Sometime in the future Walther will do -------- which people wont like and there will be a run on the older pre ----------version as the version to have by those who need serious use tools!

Feedback Score
    Sounds like you already got what you need, what more do you want?

Just keep buying mags and ammo like there's no tomorrow and you're set

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have switched over from the M&P to an HK USP9, looking to either go P2000 or P-30 in the future. I like the accuracy of the HK for those longer range shots, plus the dead nuts reliability.

I am still keeping my M&Ps, looking to grab a Shield again, and would live to get a COREL. The fit very well in the hand, have a good aftermarket support, and thus far I have not had any problems with mine.

I just seem to shoot the HK just a fraction better, which makes me feel a little more comfortable...to a point. Still want to go out and send 1,000 down range every week to keep the skills very fresh, but ammo can't keep up to my demand.

All in all, the pistols the OP mentioned (except whoever made said 1911) I would gladly trust as I have respect for all, particular the Glocks, alsa I'm not really good with them. They are all good pistols as long as the operator maintains them properly, replaces parts when needed, adds things to make it work "better," or choose something else to fit preferences.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Still a "Nuff Said" guy, myself.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    I have Glocks (2), a Beretta, a few S&W's (5), and a Sig 229. All run 100%. My AR runs 100% also. So has my Remingtons and Winchesters. Had a Winchester Mod 50 long ago that doubled. Guess that makes all Winchesters junk.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    The one YOU shoot the best.

Learn to love it, warts and all.

There is no such thing as a perfect gun.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast