Thread: Which option to lighten MWSE barrel?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Which option to lighten MWSE barrel?

I have 16" MWSE CL barrel and Surefire MB 762K. Because of state law, the MB must be pinned to the barrel.
    My initial thought is to have the barrel profiled to 0.700 in front and behind the gas block, cut to 14.5" and perm attach the MB.
    However, I'm curious how much weight would cutting 1.5" from the bbl save? Should I just keep it at 16" and just reprofile it?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have some data on this from a few years ago. Was looking at weights for a barrel for a few hunting uppers. The weight difference of a light contour JP barrel was right at 3.6 ounces, when comparing. 14.5 to 16" barrels. I realize this is not quite the same profile as your barrel, but may give you an idea.
    Last edited by hk_shootr; 09-25-13 at 15:39.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Get it dimpled

Quote Originally Posted by andy t View Post
    I have 16" MWSE CL barrel and Surefire MB 762K. Because of state law, the MB must be pinned to the barrel.
    My initial thought is to have the barrel profiled to 0.700 in front and behind the gas block, cut to 14.5" and perm attach the MB.
    However, I'm curious how much weight would cutting 1.5" from the bbl save? Should I just keep it at 16" and just reprofile it?