View Poll Results: $450: Aimpoint for 1st Build or Complete 2nd Build

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aimpoint to top off 1st already complete build?

59 75.64%
  • 11.5" upper to finish 2nd complete pistol/sbr build?

19 24.36%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: $450: Aimpoint for 1st Build or Complete 2nd Build

Feedback Score
    I'd definitely say get the 11.5 upper. Regardless of legislation or scare, Aimpoints aren't going anywhere. Keep in mind there was a mass shooting yesterday, the after effects are uncertain but another run on guns could start up again anytime. Unfortunately we live in uncertain times, purchase the potentially most difficult to acquire components first.
    USMC 2011-Present

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I'd go for the 11.5" first. Because it is a better HD tool and so you won't have that nagging worry about the panic recurring making it cost as much as both an upper plus an Aimpoint do now.

A RD may be preferable, but irons will still serve in the interim.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    How many lowers do you have?

Ask yourself what's going to get banned/scarce first, then go buy it first.

Feedback Score
    If your 1st build is supposed to be for HD the aimpoint will certainly help with low light now matter how good or how poor you are with your irons. What purpose does the pistol build fulfill? If you are still worried about potential bans then lower receivers are where its at.

Feedback Score
    Not totally in line with your question, but I recently purchased an Aimpoint PRO from LA Police Gear (it was actually in stock and arrived in good time) for $365. They had a Labor day sale and 10% off of $410 really adds up. Keep an eye out if you aren't in a rush. PSA also runs occasional promo codes and sales.

My first instinct was to recommend finishing one project before starting another. However, after reading all of the replies it might be best to get your hands on the parts/upper of the SBR and get the paperwork started sooner rather than later.
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Id go with the optic. Having 2 guns is fun, but you can only shoot one at a time, so I say make that 1 everything that it should be.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would buy the optic you really want, and pay the tax stamp for the sbr. Assuming you already have the lower. Maybe you can sneak in that system before they go full blown retard.

I kind of did what you did. I bought the aimpoint pro for my 14.5 so I could finish my 11.5 build. I'm now going back and selling my pro/larue so that I can get the micro/bobro like my SBR has. In the long run I'm spending more money and I should have just chilled and been more patient.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerfrasher View Post
    I say complete the 2nd rifle/pistol/SBR. You have BUIS on the 1st one and will (should) always be able to find an RDS when you have the funds again.
    This.

Hard to outlaw a tube with an LED.

Feedback Score
    I'd go with an aimpoint. Pro if that's your choice but I'd suggest a H-1 or T-1. Since you already went with a LW barrel, why not keep it as light as possible?!

I'm going to be getting next month a T-1 for my 6720 lw. A Pro would be just a little extra weight. (I'm assuming it weighs more, I've actually never compared but I know my CompM4S has more weight than a H-1 and it's of similar stature as the Pro).

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Why don't you just buy this guy's Aimpoint LaRue combo?

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=138910
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast