Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Resetting compound fractures

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    Sadly a not-uncommon mistake with those that don't know any better.

I'm guessing one leg was shorter than the other and they didn't pay attention to the rotation or lack thereof.

Did they try to use a traction splint?
    On scene I have limited knowledge/memory of what they did. I want to say that I was in traction in the ambulance as I remember my foot elevated and a sever burning pain in my foot for some reason.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    I disagree; civilian care is essentially the same as military.
    Without getting into a lengthy argument, I'll just say that I disagree and that in my opinion TACMED is totally different from civilian medicine, with regards to situation, training/skill level, personnell and resources. It's akin to a civilian health worker rejecting pediatrics on the premise that children are nothing more than miniature adults.
    It's not about surviving, it's about winning!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic1 View Post
    Without getting into a lengthy argument, I'll just say that I disagree and that in my opinion TACMED is totally different from civilian medicine, with regards to situation, training/skill level, personnell and resources. It's akin to a civilian health worker rejecting pediatrics on the premise that children are nothing more than miniature adults.
    We'll have to agree to disagree. Priorities change (direct pressure vs TQ, evac times, care under fire), but physiology doesn't. Blood goes around and around, air goes in and out, messing with either causes trouble. It's not that the treatment or equipment is all that different, it's just applied in a different order. Wilderness EMS is probably closer to TACMED, but overall you're using a skillset to keep someone alive and prevent further injury.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Physiology doesn't change, but the very essence of prehospital care is defined by the environment and circumstances in which it's provided.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234