Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Primary Arms 1-6 scope

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    Was out of warranty so I didn't even try. I guess I'll shoot them an email and hope.
    Yes call him or email him.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You guys that have them, please post up some reviews. It seems like an interesting optic, especially at the sub $300 price point. Not a huge fan of BDC reticles, but hey at that price point I can't bitch too much.

Feedback Score
    I've compared the 1-4X24 (not the 1-6x) Primary Arms scope to a Vortex 1-4X24 Viper side by side.

The PA scope is about $120 and the Vortex is about $480. The Vortex has an illuminated reticle and the PA does not. [edited to add ->] The PA scope simply has an illuminated red dot in the center of the cross hairs.

The images are brighter, clearer, and sharper with the PA scope. I couldn't believe it.

But the caps and screws for elevation/windage on the PA scope feel like cheap junk, and they are very high quality on the Vortex. Actually, everything about the PA is worse than the Vortex other than the image quality. I'm not even sure if the PA scope tracks properly.

I would not trust a PA scope for serious use. But I would consider them for anything else.

Joe Mamma
    Last edited by Joe Mamma; 09-26-13 at 17:39.
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    This is the best review I've seen so far. I hope to get out to the range with mine next week. David

http://fnforum.net/forums/optics-mou...ns-review.html

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    I returned mine. I didn't like the small eye box. Coming from a TA33, I might be looking for a unicorn in the variable field looking for something with the same size eye box. I might also need something with a 1" tube. With the TA33 and both eyes open I could see the same object with my left eye that I could with my right through the glass.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    My PA scope just started to give me problems. The eye piece developed a rattle, then some internal part came loose(fell down and is bouncing around) and can see in scope. Still holds zero. Never had one problem from their red dots, but the scopes (for me at least) I was less than impressed. BTW warranty for the scopes was for a year and mine lasted 11/2.
    Is this for the 1-4, or the 1-6 (the topic of this thread)?
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    I have actually toyed with the idea of mounting one of those on my M&P15-22.

If I was to do this...how high would the rings have to be in order to co-witness with my MBUS irons?

Medium is too low...I know this because I have a set and tried it.

High or Extra High 30mm rings?

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    I have actually toyed with the idea of mounting one of those on my M&P15-22.

If I was to do this...how high would the rings have to be in order to co-witness with my MBUS irons?

Medium is too low...I know this because I have a set and tried it.

High or Extra High 30mm rings?

-brickboy240
    You can't really co-witness a low powered variable with irons.
    I prefer standard 1.5" mounts for these optics.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I guess not.

Currently, I have a Primary Arms knock-off of the Aimpoint Micro on my 15-22. It works really well but has not magnification and the red dot sight is not really good for precise shooting.

Thinking of moving the little Micro knock off to my daughter's play around 10-22 and putting the 1x4 or 1x6 version of this Primary Arms scope on the 15-22.

I know these scopes are not for "serious" use (I will keep the Aimpoint Pro on my 6920, thank you) but for playing around with the 22LR S&W 15-22....it looks like a winner.

BTW, Primary Arms are GREAT people to deal with. I have been in their shop many times and have several of their products.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    Went to Primary Arms at lunch and bought the 1-4x version of this scope and an Aero Precision mount.

Will mount on the M&P15-22 this weekend and blaze away. This ought to be plenty of optic for a 22 rimfire.

Let you all know how it performs but it sure seems like a heck of a scope for the money spent.

-brickboy240

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast