Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P 9 with 10.5 lb. trigger - anyone with experience?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

M&P 9 with 10.5 lb. trigger - anyone with experience?

I am a big fan of the 3.5/NY1 set-up in my Glocks and have been hankering for a FS M&P9. I'd really like to have something similar in the M&P IF it behaves similarly. I noticed that the standard trigger on an M&P is 6.5 lbs. but have seen an SKU for one with a 10.5 lb pull weight.

Is there anyone out there who's used both the 3.5/NY1 set-up in a Glock and the heavier M&P set-up? Are they at all similar (more revolver-like stroke and heavier reset) or are they completely different animals?

Any input would be appreciated.
    "...forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us..."

"I had no real need to remove it, but I like to check out things to see why they're so wonderful." - markm

Feedback Score
    Completely different. My m&p 45 had a 10 lb trigger and it really suked the reset is nothing like a glock the glock has a much more positive reset. I apexed my m&p and its about 4 lb now. the m&p always had a smoother pull and better break but the reset really sucks. But I do really like the apexed m&p better than the glock its just smoother.
    baby glock

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The factory 6.5 feels heavy to me, I know that I wouldnt even consider a 10.5. That's a lot of pulling against a 1.5 pound pistol, IMO

The apex ram is a nice little piece for more reset feel.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not be snotty, but why in Gods name would you WANT a #10+ trigger pull weight on any handgun???

I believe the 10# MP's are the MA compliant ones. And by the way shooting them sucks ass. I had an MP45 with that trigger and the system was worthless for hitting anything but water from a boat. I'm sure if I had the time and patience to build up the finger strength i couldn't have done better with it, but I saw no reason to invest any of my hard earned time and ammo.

Feedback Score
    Wrong thread.
    Last edited by Apricotshot; 09-24-13 at 14:04.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Not be snotty, but why in Gods name would you WANT a #10+ trigger pull weight on any handgun???
    I don't know if I want a 10 lb. trigger, that's why I asked. If it's 10 lbs. and similar to the 3.5/NY1 Glock, I can live with it - if it's not, maybe I'd just get the 6.5. I like the consistent pull and strong reset of that set-up and was wondering if such an animal existed in the M&P world AND if anyone had experience with it.

I do appreciate the information provided thus far though.
    Last edited by Scotter260; 09-24-13 at 15:04.
    "...forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us..."

"I had no real need to remove it, but I like to check out things to see why they're so wonderful." - markm

Feedback Score
    Get yourself an Apex RAM. It'll give you one helluva tactile and auditory cue for reset.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    3.5/NY1 Glock, comes in at about 6 Lbs. The M&P triggers I've used are no way near that combo in feel.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've tested about a dozen of the 10.5 lb. pistols on a trigger gauge, and the average weight came in at 11.25 lbs. The trigger feel is terrible and does nothing for accurate shooting and quick follow up shots. My advice is to stay away from this non-free state model.

Feedback Score
    Best trigger feel you're going to get on an M&P is the Apex kit, aside from a full custom job. Agree with other posters that 10.5 lbs is awful. You wonder why the NYPD never hits their intended target.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

-C S Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast