Thread: 600 yards with an SBR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

600 yards with an SBR.

It's nice to know that its possible. The delay in impact was neat. And with the low BC of that round I'm surprised the wind didn't carry it further off track. I sent one spotting round center at the halfway point up the berm and then used Kentucky Windage to find the hold for the wind.

The target was an steel 8" gong at the lower left of the berm at 575 yards. I hit it more than once freestanding using my BUIS as my eotech died.

A neat learning experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45RuFiAaH4w
    Industry T&E

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Very nice. What went wrong with your Eotech?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Sarah from this site and I have taken my 11.5 to 700 but we had a 4X ACOG to help us along that day. It is just amazing to wait for the faint ding.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Very nice. What went wrong with your Eotech?
    Damn batteries lol. It eats them for fun.
    Industry T&E

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireman1291 View Post
    Damn batteries lol. It eats them for fun.
    And you don't have any spares in your range bag? For shame!

What model is it?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    And you don't have any spares in your range bag? For shame!

What model is it?
    I had a TON of spares but wanted to train with the BUIS. Hell I had some in the stock lol.

511 a65 IIRC. The older compact version with NV.
    Industry T&E

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireman1291 View Post
    I had a TON of spares but wanted to train with the BUIS. Hell I had some in the stock lol.

511 a65 IIRC. The older compact version with NV.
    Thanks. I couldn't quite tell what it was in the video. I recently got an EXPS3-0. I'm well aware of the pros/cons vs. an Aimpoint but so far I really like shooting with it. I would go so far as to say it's my favorite optic I've ever used up to this point (but that's not saying much considering the crowd on this site). If it proves durable I think I'll be very happy with it.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nice! The furthest I've done is 500 yds, prone, with iron sights, on my 10.5" SBR at a 10x10" steel plate with .223. I could barely see the target! I'm sure at 600 I'd need some sort of magnification.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Nice! The furthest I've done is 500 yds, prone, with iron sights, on my 10.5" SBR at a 10x10" steel plate with .223. I could barely see the target! I'm sure at 600 I'd need some sort of magnification.
    I was thinking the same thing. At 575 yards I doubt I'd even be able to see an 8" gong.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah I have the EXPS2 on my new 9mm SBR and I like it more and the batteries last longer.

I couldn't see the 8" gong even with 20/15 vision. I knew where it was though.
    Industry T&E