Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone ever damaged by their AR?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    EYE PRO!! Wear it. Sorry to hear. Wish you a speedy recovery, but what were you thinking not wearing eyepro?
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I even wear my eyepro when I go hunting at this point. Good luck and wish you a speedy recovery.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hope you heal up, OP. Please take this as a serious lesson to wear eye protection when shooting from now on, and always. I've had to learn the painful way, also. Some of us hard-headed types just don't think it's important until we're looking at serious eye injury, and then it can be too late.

Feedback Score
    Not going to lie, I have forgone eye protection in the past, by pure laziness. But if there is one thing I can do, it's learn from the pain of others. I will wear it from now on, I can't imagine the pain, but I wish you a speedy recovery. I know it won't make you feel any better, but this is one guy who has changed from your picture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I hope your recovery goes well. I would have taken a piece of brass in the eye in a class recently but my Oakleys saved me. It still put a little cut on the bridge of my nose, but could have been sooooo much worse.

That's the closest I've come to being injured besides the occasional burn from a hot barrel or a wayward piece of brass landing in a less than ideal location.
    Last edited by SteveL; 09-26-13 at 15:31.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    At least I can help the one fella.
    Honestly never thought about eye pro, I assume you mean just safety glasses. But this is a hard lesson I wouldn't wish on anyone .
    I trust it'll heal with many weeks progress. Worse part is keeping your head down, constantly, to keep a bubble pressing against my retina.
    That and my parts coming in for upgrades on my rifle

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Get well soon! Best wishes.

Insofar as injury from my AR's, well, yes, sometimes severe, but always in the same place: my wallet.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Holy Shit Dude!!!

Have I been injured by ARs? Sure, closed a bolt on my thumb, slapped myself in the balls when I was playing with a single point, but that no, but I where my Oakleys when I am shooting. Now, other people's ARs, that's a different story, been burned, bruised, and had my brain pan rattled by a good friend running a muzzle brake.

Hope for full recovery.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Best wishes for a full recovery.

The only injury I've suffered was a piece of hot brass caught in a helmet chinstrap.

Feedback Score
    Hope all heals up okay! Eyes and ears when I am shooting.. No, not when I hunt, it'll only be one shot, I'll take the chance, but I did have a similar freak incident last winter with my eye.

I was splitting firewood.. it was kinda warm, sweaty and no, I wasn't wearing any kind of eye protection (heck, even a pair of cheap sunglasses will stop a lot of debris!) and as I laid into a fairly large round with the splitting maul, I instantly saw/felt a piece of wood or bark hitting my eye. Lucky for me it just cut the sclera conjuntiva and not quite enough to get it stitched back up (or so the doc told me when I went to see him a couple days later. It had already started to heal back up). He of course asked me that very question.. 'you were wearing eye protection while splitting wood, right???'...

Lesson learned.. the hard way. Yes, I still have a small piece of debris (probaby a grain of sand) that didn't get cleaned out when I went to the Opthamologist, so I will remember it for a looooong time to come.. lol
    Beware of Dog. Shoots to kill...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast