Thread: Post Form 1 Concerns

Feedback Score

Post Form 1 Concerns

Ok, not sure how I missed some of this, but now reading a few things that have me wondering about my paperwork...

How big of an issue is the OAL? I measured mine with stock closed, but it seems the overwhelming opinion is that it is supposed to be stock open. Are they going to do the math or something??

Secondly, I missed some of the fingerprint details and apparently sent the proper card but with no info pre-printed on it. Are they going to accept a blank card without the ORI # or whatever it is???

Lastly, am I worrying about nothing??

Thanks in advance...
    Stephen
    Molon Labe

"The Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing." Herger the Joyous

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh, it's not "post" yet right? You're still waiting on it?

I don't know about fingerprint cards. I haven't done them before...

I wouldn't think they'd fuss over the OAL as long as you put a single barrel length in.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    I meant "post", as in I just sent them out last week.

I don't see why the fingerprint card thing would be an issue as long as they are on the right card and good prints, but then again, I'm not that smart.
    Stephen
    Molon Labe

"The Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing." Herger the Joyous

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was thinking "post" as in "after" as in "done."

this is "during" to me

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    The OAL mishap shouldn't be an issue.

Now, not filling out the finger print card will be.

Expect to get your FP cards back from the ATF telling you to fill in the appropriate areas.

Feedback Score
    Just to be clear my local sheriff's office printed out the cards via computer. Name and what not are all in there. Only thing missing was that ORI number or whatever. That still messing me up?
    Stephen
    Molon Labe

Feedback Score
    The barrel length will not be a problem. I made a typo on mine and had a wrong length. I received the form approved and have now had to make the correction. Besides, you really can't measure it until it's approved and you actually have the barrel shortened or in my case made. The best you can do is get close by subtracting from a known length. That was going to be my story and I was going to stick to it. ;^)
    Better equipment doesn’t make you a better shot. Better practice makes you a better shot.

I’m not impressed by a lifetime warranty. I’m impressed by something built to last a lifetime!

American by birth, Veteran by choice!

Eric

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    You should not need to worry about the ORI number. IIRC that is a number that is assigned to agencies via NCIC. You only need to ensure that your biographical info is filled out properly and that the prints are legible.

No idea about the other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Neeglik View Post
    Just to be clear my local sheriff's office printed out the cards via computer. Name and what not are all in there. Only thing missing was that ORI number or whatever. That still messing me up?