Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Varmint setup pics and info

Feedback Score

Varmint setup pics and info

I have doing some searching and haven't found anything. I know most of you guys have these for the tactical part of things. But I would like to see any set ups for varmint hunting. I will have one for tactical to but the first is going to be varmint. So please post pics of them and what they are. Caliber also. I am thinking of the .20 practical caliber. Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't have any pics at the moment. If I were you, I'd stick to the .223 for varmints just because it's so common & inexpensive relatively speaking.

Feedback Score
    The 20 practical is based on the .223 case. But since everything is so readily available for the base 223 I might just stick with it to make things easier. I just would like to see what works and what doesn't in the field.
    Here is the link to what I am talking about.
    http://www.6mmbr.com/20Caliber.html
    Looks to be a pretty good addition to the setup.
    Last edited by mo hunter; 02-21-09 at 23:50.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks neat but I don't have the bug for wildcatting. If I want smaller I'm going rimfire and if I want bigger I'm going .308. Just don't see how those three can't cover all the ground meant to be covered by small arms rifles.

Feedback Score
    Just throwing out ideas. But I would like to see what others have put together and what accuracy they are getting out of there setup.

Feedback Score
    I find it hard to believe only one person has replied to this. Anybody have pics of there varmint rigs, another link to a site or something.

Feedback Score

This is one I built to be a predator rifle. It has a 16" 1:9 twist stainless barrel. Rifle length float tube. 1.5-5x scope. I don't plan on engaging any coyotes any farther than 300yds. It is light enough and handy enough to be carried from stand to stand and doing some calling, but heavy enough to be steady. It now has a MagPul CTR stock. It likes 68 gr heavy match rounds from Black Hills. I'm running a RRA two stage match trigger in it as well.

I haven't switched my pics over to my new computer, but I have a 20" stainless barreled rifle that I use for smaller critters. It has a Wilson NM barrel with a 1:8 twist. It has a 6-18 power scope and is a bit heavier, and is more suited to shooting from a fixed position and not hauling all over creation.
    SSGN- my new home under water. Capable of delivering150 Tomahawk missles, 90 Spec-ops operators and most importantly, I get to have a real medical space...with a door and everything!

Feedback Score
    That is almost exactly what I am going to be doing with the gun I am thinking of. It is going to be a call gun for predators. I haven't decided if I want maneuverabilty of the shorter barrel or the longer barreled version(somewhere around 20") Thanks for the pics. Love the pistol to...

Feedback Score
    Heres the 20" I built. I used a NM barrel instead of a bull barrel to trim weight down.

SSGN- my new home under water. Capable of delivering150 Tomahawk missles, 90 Spec-ops operators and most importantly, I get to have a real medical space...with a door and everything!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's a pic of my rig. This is with the RRA scope mount but I will be swapping that for the Burris as soon as my order from SWFA comes in. 20" stainless HBAR 1:8, Bushnell elite 6500 2.5-16x 50 scope, Ace SOCOM (long version) adjustable stock, JP stainless carrier & premium bolt, Geiselle DMR trigger. Still haven't even had it out to the range yet. I'm putting together some test loads with TAC & Hornady 55gr FMJBT w/ channelure, and nosler 77gr HPBT match bullets. We'll see.

Last edited by 0reo; 02-28-09 at 16:54.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast